PDA

View Full Version : Potpourri box

Aaron Craven
03-05-2017, 6:50 PM
It's been a while since I posted anything here and I was really proud of this little piece. The pewter lid was a treasure found by my in-laws in a grab-box from a local auction. As soon as I saw it, I had all sorts of ideas. I tried searching for information on it, but all I can tell is that it was made by a company called Tuckahoe Pewter.

The wood is pecan and the finish is TY finishing oil.

Thomas Canfield
03-05-2017, 7:53 PM
Nice looking box. Setting the pewter in a removable lid is different, but seems to really add. The pewter piece looks like some that I have purchased from Craft Supply and also seen other sites.

Aaron Craven
03-06-2017, 8:09 AM
Nice looking box. Setting the pewter in a removable lid is different, but seems to really add. The pewter piece looks like some that I have purchased from Craft Supply and also seen other sites.

Thank you! The best I can tell the lid came from a glass potpourri bowl manufactured sometime in the 80's, but I'm not sure. I have since purchased a range of pewter lids from Craft Supplies that are quite similar, except they appear to have some sort of lacquer top-coat (and have different artwork, of course).

John Hart
03-06-2017, 8:11 AM
Love it, Aaron. Especially partial to hummingbirds and love how you integrated it into the lid.

Aaron Craven
03-07-2017, 9:03 AM
Love it, Aaron. Especially partial to hummingbirds and love how you integrated it into the lid.

Thanks, John!

William C Rogers
03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Nice job. I made four, one for each granddaughter. Mine were from craft supply. They really liked them more as a lidded box. Three I incorporated the pewter into the lid, which is better than not.