PDA

View Full Version : Sicar SF-1000 Shaper - looking for manual or information

Igor Vasilenko
03-05-2017, 5:16 PM
Hello everyone!

I've been searching for info on a few different sites now, and so far no luck.

I recently acquired a Sicar SF-1000 shaper (Italian made) that's probably around 25-30 years old. I'm searching for a manual for any of the Sicar SF-1000 shapers (there have been a few different types of this model over the years). Does anyone have a copy they can scan some pages out of for me? Or does anyone know of an online version of one available?

I'm specifically looking for oiling/grease information for the spindle bearings, as well as further info about the machine and a list of parts. This machine is equipped with an interchangeable spindle, so I'm also wondering where these spindles can be purchased from.

Hopefully someone can help me! I've attached a photo of my particular machines.

Igor Vasilenko
03-07-2017, 8:27 PM
Anyone? I'd really be glad to hear from someone who maybe knows where I can buy a copy of this manual if no one here has one to scan?

Andrew J. Coholic
03-07-2017, 8:52 PM
Igor,
We had several pieces of Sicar equipment, including one heavy duty spindle shaper. Still running in my old shop. Was bought new in 1989.

IIRC recommended greasing is approx 1 or 2 pumps of grease every few hundred hours. Prob still have the manual somewhere in the old shop but I would have to ask the current owner. It wasnt the exact same shaper but Im sure theyd be similar.

If I recall, Sicar was imported and sold through a company in Toronto that folded up in the mid 90's. Sicar is very hard to find anything on - we had a two head wide belt sander we had to deal directly with someone in Italy to get parts for. A real PITA. Otherwise decent stuff.

You must have ten shapers by now.

Igor Vasilenko
03-14-2017, 9:41 PM
Igor,
We had several pieces of Sicar equipment, including one heavy duty spindle shaper. Still running in my old shop. Was bought new in 1989.

IIRC recommended greasing is approx 1 or 2 pumps of grease every few hundred hours. Prob still have the manual somewhere in the old shop but I would have to ask the current owner. It wasnt the exact same shaper but Im sure theyd be similar.

If I recall, Sicar was imported and sold through a company in Toronto that folded up in the mid 90's. Sicar is very hard to find anything on - we had a two head wide belt sander we had to deal directly with someone in Italy to get parts for. A real PITA. Otherwise decent stuff.

You must have ten shapers by now.

Hi Andrew!

Glad to hear from you again and see you here. Thanks for the input, I appreciate that. I've been slowly gathering bits of info on the shaper online, but there is very little info available unfortunately. It also looks like Sicar may no longer exist as a manufacturer.

Not 10 shapers... but a solid 6 for sure! I actually need only 3 at most with what I'll be doing over the course of the next several years. One shaper set up for panel raising, and two others for stile and rail, as well as joinery. The other 3 will have to go to other caring workshops.

Hope your business is going well! I've had some ups and downs these past couple of years, but since there were more ups, I'm still at it :).