PDA

View Full Version : Since last week was Fathers Day......

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 12:21 AM
...and my birthday.......SWMBO said I better get up to Springfield and get me one of these.:D

What a woman...and what a jointer. Grizzly sure hit the nail on the head with the G0500.

Castings are great. Tables are super flat as is the fence. The only adjustment needed was to set the fence to 90 deg.

Bring a friend..or two if you get one...these babies are HEAVY. 460 lbs.

Terry

Keith Outten
06-21-2003, 1:32 AM
Nice Joiner Terry,

I bought the 8" Grizzly joiner over ten years ago, it was dead accurate right out of the crate and it is still dead on today.

I just noticed the new shop floor in your picture, clean as a whistle.

You better edit your message before the "Gloat Police" catch you :)

David Blangger
06-21-2003, 1:37 AM
Happy Birthday!

David

Bob Wilkerson
06-21-2003, 5:25 AM
...and my birthday.......SWMBO said I better get up to Springfield and get me one of these.:

Looks like you have a couple of keepers. SWMBO and the new Griz. It looks right nice in your shop. One of these days I'll get mine looking as spiffy as yours....

Oh, if you think yours is heavy take a look at my current project.
http://www.rgwjr.com/woodworking/ww%20images/12%20inch%20Jointer.jpg

I'm almost done with the restoration of a 12" CKM Jointer that weighs in at 1,320 lbs!!! At least both of our machines are green :D

Enjoy it!!

Bob

ps: Hope your hand is healing well.

Mark Hulette
06-21-2003, 6:12 AM
Terry-
Congrats on the new aircraft carrier! Oh and be sure to sweep before you snap the pic next time... looks like the DE missed a .5 micron underneath your bench! :eek:

Really, that place does look like some type of laboratory. That's what's so neat about the Creek- let's newbies like me see what a shop should look like. Hope your recovery is speedy!!!

Jason Roehl
06-21-2003, 7:23 AM
...and my birthday.......SWMBO said I better get up to Springfield and get me one of these.:D

What a woman...and what a jointer. Grizzly sure hit the nail on the head with the G0500.

Castings are great. Tables are super flat as is the fence. The only adjustment needed was to set the fence to 90 deg.

Bring a friend..or two if you get one...these babies are HEAVY. 460 lbs.

Terry

Terry, what ever happened to "taking it easy" for a while?!? Seriously, though, congrats on the new jointer. How about serving up a review of it when you get a chance to give it a good run-through?

Glenn Clabo
06-21-2003, 8:22 AM
...and my birthday.......SWMBO said I better get up to Springfield and get me one of these.:D Terry

Hey Terry...
Congrats! Looks like a nice target for me though. I'll wait for the planes to start landing before I start firing. But don't be surprised if you see this on your front lawn.

Jim Becker
06-21-2003, 11:00 AM
A new tool is aways cause for celebration...congrats on that very nice new jointer!

Bobby Hatfield
06-21-2003, 3:15 PM
I got a load of door panels to do, mind if I bring them by to put that flat top to a test for accuracy ? What we want to see is work produced on the machine, anybody can set up and admire a new machine, now its time to make some glueups. Let us know how it works on a job, I have plans to pick up one soon, cause I got the big job done and got paid, just have to decide which machines to get, edge and drum sander is first, and the OSS and jointer is suckin hind tit so far.

Jerry Todd
06-21-2003, 3:42 PM
And congrats on the new machine. Looks as if you could perform surgery in that shop.

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 7:30 PM
Bob,

WOW...that makes my back hurt!!!!! That is a REAL chunk of metal. Would love to see some pics when you get it done.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 7:31 PM
Terry, what ever happened to "taking it easy" for a while?!? Seriously, though, congrats on the new jointer. How about serving up a review of it when you get a chance to give it a good run-through?
Jason,

This is taking it easy. :D

I'll have a full review on the website soon, and some other website news soon also.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 7:33 PM
Hey Terry...
Congrats! Looks like a nice target for me though. I'll wait for the planes to start landing before I start firing. But don't be surprised if you see this on your front lawn.

Glenn,

I don't think that would go very well with the present landscaping. :D

Terry

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 7:34 PM
I got a load of door panels to do, mind if I bring them by to put that flat top to a test for accuracy ? What we want to see is work produced on the machine, anybody can set up and admire a new machine, now its time to make some glueups. Let us know how it works on a job, I have plans to pick up one soon, cause I got the big job done and got paid, just have to decide which machines to get, edge and drum sander is first, and the OSS and jointer is suckin hind tit so far.

Bobby,

Come on over and we'll give 'er a test run.

Terry

Terry Hatfield
06-21-2003, 7:55 PM
Mark and Jerry,

Laboratory????? Perform surgery in there???? Why, whatever do you mean???

hehehehehe

Terry

Dennis Peacock
06-22-2003, 4:41 PM
Shoot....that shop is so clean that I would be afraid to even step inside to look at it.!! :)

I guess that Terry will now "require" shoes to be REMOVED before entering the shop.!!! :)

Mark and Jerry,

Laboratory????? Perform surgery in there???? Why, whatever do you mean???

hehehehehe

Terry

Mark Hulette
06-22-2003, 5:02 PM
Shoot....that shop is so clean that I would be afraid to even step inside to look at it.!! :)

I guess that Terry will now "require" shoes to be REMOVED before entering the shop.!!! :)

Dennis- I've seen dustier operating rooms!

Bobby Hatfield
06-22-2003, 8:18 PM

Dennis do you think the fall BBQ may have to be held elseware or will he put newspaper on the floor for us to walk on ?

hehehehe

Just envious of that operating room cleanliness. Time to clean up my scrap and dust bin of a shop.

Terry Hatfield
06-22-2003, 9:00 PM
OK you guy's......I might let you in the shop if you promise to wipe your feet first....maybe.....

And just so you don't think everything around here looks that good, here is a shot of the back of the shop. This will HAVE to be dealt with before the bbq. Anybody want to come over and help???

Terry

p.s. cheryl says if I'm going to take these fingers out there...it better be clean. :D Is that a good excuse???

Jim Becker
06-22-2003, 9:04 PM
And just so you don't think everything around here looks that good, here is a shot of the back of the shop. This will HAVE to be dealt with before the bbq. Anybody want to come over and help???

Looks like a fine opporunity for a scavenger hunt during your BBQ...there's got to be at least one cyclone in there somewhere!<G>

Terry Hatfield
06-22-2003, 9:11 PM
Looks like a fine opporunity for a scavenger hunt during your BBQ...there's got to be at least one cyclone in there somewhere!<G>
Jim,

Now that's a good idea!!!! Maybe if everybody took home a "memento" of their visit, I wouldn't have to clean it up...and yes there are several pieces parts of cyclones and blowers in that pile, :D but they might be just a bit damaged.

Terry

Jim Becker
06-22-2003, 9:18 PM
Jim,

Now that's a good idea!!!! Maybe if everybody took home a "memento" of their visit, I wouldn't have to clean it up...

Of course, if I were attending, I'd be taking the 3pt rotary mower as a "memento"... hee hee :D

Terry Hatfield
06-22-2003, 9:23 PM
Of course, if I were attending, I'd be taking the 3pt rotary mower as a "memento"... hee hee :D

You Yankees.......that's a brush hog not a "3 pt. rotary mower"!!! :eek:

It's even orange. It would go real nice with you Kubota but I'll go ahead and keep it for use with my green Yanmar. :D

Terry

Jim Becker
06-22-2003, 9:32 PM
You Yankees.......that's a brush hog not a "3 pt. rotary mower"!!!

It's even orange. It would go real nice with you Kubota but I'll go ahead and keep it for use with my green Yanmar.

I couldn't see the "brand name"...(Brush Hog is such a thing...)...so I used the generic term! (Yea, it's the old Xerox, Polaroid, Coke thing again...)

My father had Yanmar before he moved to Florida full-time. It was a nice machine and he had a Brush Hog (a real one) to keep his field mowed during the year. Rumor has it that Yanmar may re-enter the US market again a brand, but since they make most of the Deere CUTs, they are still making a bundle here!

Terry Hatfield
06-22-2003, 9:41 PM
Jim,

They are all just brush hogs around here. :D

Here is my "fully restored" really old Yanmar 135D 4wd. It was so sad looking when I got it that I just had to do it up right. Great little tractor.

Terry

Jim Becker
06-22-2003, 9:49 PM
Here is my "fully restored" really old Yanmar 135D 4wd. It was so sad looking when I got it that I just had to do it up right. Great little tractor.

Boy, you did a GREAT job at that restoration. (no surprise in that...<G>) You ought to show the boys and girls at tractorbynet.com!

Terry Hatfield
06-22-2003, 9:52 PM
Boy, you did a GREAT job at that restoration. (no surprise in that...<G>) You ought to show the boys and girls at tractorbynet.com!

Jim,

Gee...that's just what I need...one more habit forming forum. :D

t

Jason Roehl
06-23-2003, 9:23 AM
I KNEW YOU WERE A REDNECK, TERRY!!!! Your shop was just a cover, but the pic of the back, tells the tale.

Hehehehe.

Keith Outten
06-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Terry,

I have a 1964 model 71 Cub Cadet...is the Yanmar older than mine?

Mike Schwing
06-23-2003, 10:51 AM
<BGSOUND src="http://home.earthlink.net/~schwalden/fags.wav">

Jim,

Now that's a good idea!!!! Maybe if everybody took home a "memento" of their visit, I wouldn't have to clean it up...and yes there are several pieces parts of cyclones and blowers in that pile, :D but they might be just a bit damaged.

Terry

Hahaha! There's an idea - you may only attend if you carry something away from the back of the shop with you upon departure!