PDA

View Full Version : Sioux 3/8" Close Quarters Drill - Need Parts

Roger Lueck
03-02-2017, 2:17 PM
I have a Sioux 3/8" Close Quarters Drill Model 8000 I have used since the 70's. I knocked it off the bench and it landed on the chuck and broke the shaft on which the chuck is mounted. I've called a few of the companies that advertise parts for Sioux tools but most don't want to search for parts for something that old.

I also own one of the Milwaukee close quarter drills and am aware of the other brands that also amke close quarter drills. This drill has been used 2 or 3 days each week since the I purchased it and on the advice of a friend that owned one and used it in his body shop, he said blow it clean with air at the end of the day and it will last forever. I cleaned it every day I used it and this is the first time I've ever had to repair it.

Does anyone know of a company or someone who still has parts or repairs these old Sioux drills?

Bill Dufour
03-02-2017, 5:55 PM
I think they stopped making it except in pneumatic so parts will be hard to find.
Bill

Bill Dufour
03-03-2017, 12:23 AM
I am pretty sure only Sioux made these drills. I know the Milwaukee was made by Sioux.
Some of the pneumatic gearbox parts may interchange with electric models?
Bill D.

Ray Newman
03-03-2017, 1:39 PM
Roger: check your private messages! thanks.

Joe Jensen
03-03-2017, 2:22 PM
If it were me I'd start calling service centers to ask. I know the one in Sioux City Iowa has been there for over 40 years. They may well have old guys who know what old stock parts they have.

andy bessette
03-03-2017, 3:00 PM
These drills are sometimes available, used, on eBay. Mine are used daily. I have several, some in near new condition. A great tool!