PDA

View Full Version : Micro Adjuster for Woodpecker Router Fence

Nick Decker
02-28-2017, 3:21 PM
I've recently bought the WP router table and fence, and am wondering if anyone here is using their Micro Adjuster. If so, how do you like it? Anything you don't like about it?

The router hole on my table is offset toward the rear of center about two inches, and I'm a bit worried there might be situations where the adjuster would just be hanging in space back there. Is it a hassle removing it?

Thanks.

George Bokros
02-28-2017, 3:40 PM
I have the micro adjuster and love it. Works great for fine tuning the fence position. Rockler has a less expensive approach and probably works fine but since I purchased the fence and their phenolic router table top I said what the heck go whole hog. As I said though I love the micro adjuster. The adjusting screw does hang out the back but the mount into the t-track in the table top remains on the table. The WP router table top does have the router mounted back behind center though. I can check how much distance there is on my top to the back edge if you would like to know.

George

Mike Goetzke
02-28-2017, 3:46 PM
I have the Woodpeck 27x43 table with a Super Fence and the Micro-Adjuster. I've used it for several years now and really like it. I bought the phenolic table from them for a large discount otherwise I would have made my own. I like the table but like you noticed wished the router hole was closer to the front. The micro adjuster works great and it does get close to falling off the table but it doesn't. Only complaint I had with it is the guide shafts on it are steel and rusted a bit on me. Woodpeck sent me new ones but haven't put them on yet - think they should be stainless. So overall very satisfied with this setup. I like it better than the wonderfence I had previous to this. (get the Jessem Clear-Cut guides while you are at it)

Mike

Nick Decker
02-28-2017, 5:36 PM
Thanks, guys.

George, no need to go measure it, if you say it's not a problem that's good enough. I would be interested to know if I'll be able to move the fence far enough back to get at the back row of leveling screws on the lift plate. My set up is new, and I find myself having to adjust the leveling quite a bit. My guess is that the weight of the router and lift is still "settling." At least I hope that's what's going on.

Mike, I'm curious what it was you didn't like about the Incra fence. The one thing I'm not crazy about with the WP fence is the way the offset outfeed fence is adjusted for jointing, and was thinking the Incra might be more accurate in that regard.