PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fat Tuesday

Rich Riddle
02-28-2017, 11:20 AM
It's fat Tuesday so enjoy your food today.

Tom Stenzel
02-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Thanks Rich. You do the same.

Grew up in a Polish neighborhood on Detroit's west side, today we have strawberry packzi waiting to be slaughtered.

-Tom

Rod Sheridan
02-28-2017, 2:44 PM
Thanks, on Shrove Tuesday we have crepes, not pancakes as Diann is English.

If I'm really lucky we'll have Palacsinta (Hungarian crepes with a cottage cheese filling)............Rod.

Dave Zellers
02-28-2017, 7:32 PM
I enjoy my food everyday so every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday for me.

Bruce Wrenn
02-28-2017, 9:11 PM
Food, hankie pankie, beer, which are you really willing to give up?

Van Huskey
03-04-2017, 1:06 AM
Made my trek down to the French Quarter last weekend and my head is just clearing... the weekend before was the boat parade that comes in front of my house, another foggy weekend.

Now its crawfish time and I have already eaten them 4 times, most any afternoon during Lent I can walk either left or right on the boardwalk following the sound of propane burners and arrive at a spread of mud bugs getting poured out, its my most favorite time of the year.

Mike Henderson
03-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Being from New Orleans, I went to Mardi Gras before I can remember. My parents had pictures of me as a very young child dressed as a cowboy. Since then, I've been to Mardi Gras many, many times. One time I had the opportunity to ride on a float (Thoth (http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule/parade-info/parades-thoth.html)). Let me tell you, that is a trip. The Krews should auction off spaces on the floats - they'd make a lot of money.

Mike

[I was offered the chance to ride on Thoth last year but turned it down (I know people in the Krew). It was fun when I was younger but at my age, not so much.]