PDA

View Full Version : New Picture - feedback requested

Mark Cothren
10-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Playin' around with some picture ideas. Need to try some different backgrounds, but let me know what you think about this type of shot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/markfromark/MirrorBowl.jpg

Keith Burns
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Honestly I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it one piece or two? If its one the bottom one distracts from the top. I do like the backdrop though.

Andy Hoyt
10-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Had to closely study the grain pattern to confirm it's a mirrored image - which I like. Did you do that digitally or physically with a mirror?

But I do have three observations.

I'd like to see more of the interior of the bowl since the exterior automatically gets twice the exposure.

If there were a way to soften the lightening such that the lower image is less dominant you'd being well on your way.

And I know it's a toughie, but that glare is really distracting.

BTW - Nice bowl.

Jim Ketron
10-14-2005, 10:41 PM
I like the mirror image but not the background.

Mark Cothren
10-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Great feedback guys! I appreciate it.

Yeah, it's a big piece of mirror that I laid on the floor and set the background behind it. I'll play around with the lighting and angle as suggested.

Just trying to come up with some different type pics...

Thanks again!

John Hart
10-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Cool Idea. What about tilting the bowl toward the camera slightly to your right and pick up the foot and the inside. Maybe soften the light just a tad.

Von Bickley
10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Mark,
Opinions....Everybody has one. I personally don't care for the mirror image.
I think it takes away from the bowl.

Great looking bowl...

Mark Cothren
10-14-2005, 10:51 PM
No problem, Von - I wanted to hear from everybody - good, bad, ugly...

Again, I appreciate the comments and suggestions from everybody.

Carole Valentine
10-14-2005, 10:57 PM
No, I'm not crazy about that. The mirror image makes it difficult to concentrate on the bowl itself. Besides, it shows your dusty fingerprints!;):D

Mark Cothren
10-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Aw Carole, I didn't even notice that....:o

Okay, more work to do. More pics tomorrow evening or Sunday.

Carole Valentine
10-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Aw Carole, I didn't even notice that....:o

Okay, more work to do. More pics tomorrow evening or Sunday. BTW, that's a very nice bowl!

Dennis Peacock
10-15-2005, 1:47 AM
Hey Mark,

You need a medium Grey material for your backdrop color. Too dark of a color will throw your photo out of kilter. I think it would look better sitting on a nice pile of slate rock...IMHO..!!!!!

Working LATE in Conway for the day job, night job, weekend job....well, you catch my drift.