PDA

View Full Version : windows 10 and Job control V10

TAMI WILSON
02-25-2017, 4:35 PM
Anyone else using this combination? Cat puked on my Windows 7 laptop (fried the motherboard) and had to buy a new laptop with Windows 10.

Spent 2 hours with Trotec Tech support yesterday and couldn't get it up and running. Waiting for Amy to get back Monday

as tech guy feels she can fix things

Anyone want a cat??

Tami

Gary Hair
02-25-2017, 4:55 PM
I have it working on two different computers, no problems. What is it doing or not doing?

TAMI WILSON
02-25-2017, 5:15 PM
it won't fire. goes through the motions though.

Kev Williams
02-25-2017, 5:55 PM
Best advice I have is do what I do - buy a used laptop with Win7 :)

>edit< "it goes thru the motions but won't fire"...

This may one of those instances I have ALL the time--where something goes wrong, and after the fix is in, something else doesn't work, so you blame the original problem or its fix--

When in FACT, what you really have is a whole different problem that has zero to do with the first problem!

SO-- is your door safety interlock working? Is the lens in and/or focused? Did a mirror fall off? (<< been there done all of them!)

Gary Hair
02-25-2017, 7:21 PM
it won't fire. goes through the motions though.

I with Kev on this. In addition I would check the drawing to ensure you have engravable colors and check the material template to ensure you have the parameters set properly. Just for grins, I would probably put in a piece of black anodized aluminum and hit it with 1,000 DPI, 100% power and 100% speed with a rectangle of RGB black. If that doesn't work then I'd say you may have hardware problems - the laser, not the computer.

Curt Harms
02-26-2017, 8:16 AM
Best advice I have is do what I do - buy a used laptop with Win7 :)

I think it's possible to downgrade a Windows 10 machine to Windows 7 legally. Question would be if Windows 7 has support for the hardware in the Windows 10 machine. Or maybe support for some obscure geegaw isn't required for your application. Legit source for Windows 7:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

TAMI WILSON
02-28-2017, 7:47 AM
Everything is working now. just have to remember my settings. :rolleyes: