PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Job Control - Sending Vector/Cut From Corel But Not Engraving!

Charlotte Brookes
02-25-2017, 6:26 AM
Hello!
It's been a while since I last posted but I'm sure you guys will be able to help (I've already hunted and the two threads I've found weren't updated!).

So, I can send vector lines from Corel and cut all day long. If I send something to engrave, it won't do anything. The job comes to Job Control, but if I double click it says Empty Job. The Job Properties (a tab bottom left) has an error saying "Bitmap Data Ignored" but I don't know what that means :confused:

I can however load old jobs in Job Control Jobs pannel and the laser engraves merrily.

I've checked colours, checked engraving is selected, print settings etc are as they were loaded from a separate issue and update done by tech support a week or so ago.

It was engraving fine yesterday until about 5 minutes to 5 (what a shock!) and still I can't get it to engrave at all.

I read someone say about a keyboard shortcut changing colour settings of some sort, but they didn't go in to detail. Maybe it's that?

Any help greatly recieved!
Charlotte

Mike Null
02-25-2017, 7:38 AM
Charlotte

Are you sure the engraving color is set to RGB black. You can engrave with other colors but RGB black is the default.

Charlotte Brookes
02-25-2017, 7:51 AM
Charlotte

Are you sure the engraving color is set to RGB black. You can engrave with other colors but RGB black is the default.

100%. That's the first thing I figured would be wrong.

Kev Williams
02-25-2017, 11:42 AM
'bitmap data ignored' .. I know zip about Trotec but I still have questions-

Are you engraving a bitmap- photo, etc..? Or are you engraving filled vector graphics? Or a combination of both maybe?

If a bitmap, are there settings specific for bitmaps, such as grayscale or certain photo settings? If so are they set correctly? I ask because of the 'bitmap data ignored' message, which indicates you are engraving a bitmap, or the machine THINKS you are...

My LS900 will engrave a combination of bitmap and filled graphics, BUT, because bitmaps output to the work are always converted to dithered black and nothing (nothing=white), then graphics must also be black, any other color gets ignored.

You may be having a Trotec-version of this issue where something is cancelling something out...

Just stabbing in the dark I'm afraid, trying to help! :)

Mike Null
02-25-2017, 2:09 PM
I think you should experiment with your mode selection and see if another setting works for you.

Does the drawing show up in Job Control?

Charlotte Brookes
02-27-2017, 7:29 AM
Just trying to engrave black text (which is in a job we do all the time). It won't do anything engraving wise. We changed the colour, so purple engraved instead and it won't do that either.

The cut lines come through and show on Job Control, but engraving won't. Trotec seem to be clueless too :'(

Scott Shepherd
02-27-2017, 7:58 AM
What mode do you have it in? Standard? Black/White? Color?

Also are you using the Trotec color palette to select the colors or are you picking the colors from a standard Corel color Palette? It's possible that you are selecting colors from a standard color palette and that those colors aren't recognized by the driver with the mode you have selected. It's always best to be using the Trotec palette. Most people I've helped over the years don't even know what a trotec palette is or where to get it or install it. It can help for sure, if that's the issue, which it may or may not be.

Mike Null
02-27-2017, 8:08 AM
Also, try using the color mode setting and send the job to job control. If it shows up then you may have a color issue in your drawing.

Mayo Pardo
02-28-2017, 3:13 PM
There is a setting in the print set up for printing only what is selected.
If you have that checked, and nothing is selected, you will get nothing...

JEFF GORNSTEIN
01-03-2019, 5:23 PM
Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP. Did you ever determine the solution?