PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question: wiring accessory off magnetic motor switch

Nick Lazz
02-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Has anyone wired a power feeder as an accessory off of the magnetic motor starter for their shaper? It seems if nothing else you could pull off the line side to power the power feeder switch...or you could wire as an accessory (like the reversing switch) off of the starter so the power feeder would turn on with the shaper.

I like first option better as I would have independent control of both machines and wouldn't need to wire a separate 220v outlet.

Or I could get a 115v power feed but I don't know the advantages or disadvantages of 230v vs 115v power feeds. Either way it seems cleaner to me to wire to the starter switch, even if I have to buy a different switch to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Delyster
02-24-2017, 1:23 PM
I've just added a junction boxes on the back of the shaper and ran both feeder and shaper wiring there and then went to the plug with a single wire.

Rod Sheridan
02-26-2017, 12:35 PM
On my old shaper I added a starter with an AUTO/HAND selector switch so it would either run continuously (HAND), or only when the shaper was running (AUTO)..........regards, Rod.

On my new shaper I didn't bother, the feeder already has a FORWARD/OFF/REVERSE switch on it.............Rod.