PDA

View Full Version : Getting New Roof

Jim Koepke
02-23-2017, 3:13 PM
In the process of getting a new roof our satellite dish will have to be removed.

I am leaning toward mounting it on the wall of our house.

Any suggestions toward methods, available brackets or other hardware are appreciated.

jtk

Izzy Camire
02-23-2017, 3:18 PM
I mounted mine on the face of the eves. I made a square bracket with 2x4s and mounted that under the eves. The bracket for the dish mounts on the my square bracket and the face of the eves. The 2 braces for dish are mounted right at the edge of the roof. I felt this setup gave me least impact on the roof.
I also mounted it right above a window so I would clean snow off it in the winter.

Tony De Masi
02-23-2017, 3:27 PM
Mine were mounted on steel poles after being taken down from the roof. Both the TV and Internet dishes were moved and mounted at no charge by the company.

Shawn Pixley
02-23-2017, 6:19 PM
Ours is mounted on our chimney. Our satellite provider (Dish Network) provided the bracket. I went up after to caulk around all penetrations and fasten any loose cables.

Good luck!

Kev Williams
02-23-2017, 7:21 PM
If you like it on the roof and are considering putting it back on the new roof, all you need in the meantime is a length of inch 'n' a half PVC pipe standing in a bucket of sand. :D

During a vacation a few years ago the auto-dish on the RV roof wouldn't work so I did the bucket thing. Used that until we got one of those small tail-gaters last summer.
Works like a charm :)