PDA

View Full Version : What's This for?

Joe Pelonio
10-14-2005, 7:06 PM
A guy comes into the shop with this pattern, wants me to cut it for him on 1/8" clear acrylic. Has another one on cardstock that he has hand cut with an exacto knife. He wants the acrylic pattern to use to cut more of them with his exacto knife, and says he does "scrapbooking". Other than
that he won't tell me what he does with them after he cuts them. It took me about 10 minutes to scan, cleanup & vectorize, it's cutting on the laser now. I tried to convince him to just let me cut the cardstock for him on the laser too but he prefers to do it "by hand". Any idea what he does with these things?
http://members.aol.com/bisjoe/1231.gif

Shaddy Dedmore
10-14-2005, 7:28 PM
Looks like corners for holding pictures in place. It's good to offer to cut the card stock, but if he's making scrap books, he likes doing things himself. You could point out that using a template is cheating too, so he might just as well have the rest done for him too. hehe Shaddy

Joe Pelonio
10-14-2005, 7:37 PM
Ah, I see that now. Hmm, I won't tell him it's cheating, he may come back for other sizes and that was a quick and easy $25.

Barbara Buhse
10-14-2005, 9:20 PM
cool mystery... thanks Joe, now I'll be so curious I won't get any sleep tonight...I don't think Scrapbookers use photo corners... they usually cut interesting frames and borders for the pictures...hmmm.....

Joe Pelonio
10-15-2005, 5:46 PM
Barbara,

Let me know if you figure it out, I may push him more but he was being secretive and even tricky, like he though I might steal his million-dollar idea.
That picture is to scale, it was on 8-1/2x11 so they were of a size that might be used for picture corners. You don't suppose he cuts them in strips and folds into origami?

Pat Kearney
10-15-2005, 10:52 PM
The ones on the left look just like to old silver tin foil picture corners that I have seen in some older photo albums so I would guess they are for the same purpose. As for the ones in the center and on the left probably they are for the same reason but just a different format.