PDA

View Full Version : Ray Fine wire transfer sent and received

Daniel Norman
02-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Well it took a while to work out the details but it is all done but the waiting. I will have to take my trailer on the ferry to Vancouver to pic it up but that is not for a few months. My next job is to search out the threads on setting up a new machine. I choose to order a larger power supply now in case I want a larger tube in the future and I tried to get a range of parts. I wanted to thank everyone for the advice on putting the order together. I will post updated hopefully mid April.
Cheers,
Dan

RF-1390-80W laser cutting machine 110v including:
EFR ZS1250 80W laser tube with 10000 hours life time;
130W laser power supply;
Color Gray and grayish white;
D20mm/FCL63.5 MM lens and corresponding nozzle;
a powered Motorized in height adjustable working table +steel honeycomb table+aluminum knife table;
CW5200 chiller;
red-dot pointer;
pass through door;
Air pump 185W 150L/min
Large Exhaust fan 550W,
Amp meter
1set Spare set of reflector mirrors (3 pieces)
1 Spare Belt
1 Rotary attachment 1 (4 wheels)
1 Rotary Attachment 2 (chuck)
1 63.5 mm lens
2 38.1 mm lens
2 70mm lens
1 spare nozzle for 38.1mm lens
1 Spare nozzle for 70mm lens
1 Red dot pointer
1 Limited switch
1 Emergency stop switch
1 Power switch
Shipping freight to Vancouver warehouse of Canada

John Lifer
02-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Yep, Now you Wait! :) So much fun! Looks like you got everything! Oh, holler once you get the machine and want to set up the Rotary (at least the 4 wheel Version). It will work thru setting the rotary settings rather than changing the config page.
And save your configure settings and vendor settings before playing too much.

David Somers
02-22-2017, 2:15 PM
Congrats!!!! Let us know how you like it!!!

Dave

Brian Book
02-22-2017, 9:33 PM
Congrats Daniel .... hope your machine arrives sooner than mine does .... I ordered mine the end of November .... they still have it in Vancouver ???????

Kev Williams
02-22-2017, 9:44 PM
Sumpin' wrong there Brian, a bad trip is 6 weeks, you're up to 11?

John Lifer
02-23-2017, 8:13 AM
Stuck in customs? Dang! It is long time!

Daniel Norman
02-23-2017, 8:54 AM
Wow that is not what I wanted to hear. I just need it to get to Vancouver and I will pick it up there. Keep us posted on arrival.

Congrats Daniel .... hope your machine arrives sooner than mine does .... I ordered mine the end of November .... they still have it in Vancouver ???????

Jerome Stanek
02-23-2017, 8:56 AM

Who did you use as a broker

David Somers
02-23-2017, 2:31 PM
Brian,

Dont know if this applies to you, but I do know that the time it takes to get through Customs can really vary in the US. I assume the same is true in CA. The issue seems to be luck of the draw. Assume you have a run of the mill import of a laser or CNC machine. Pretty basic. Papers are all up to snuff, no issues, nothing in particular to catch the attention of a Customs Agent. Even then your crate or even the entire container that your crate is in may get randomly selected for special attention. It will be pulled out and warehoused for agents to check into as time permits. No telling what kind of delay that may entail. And if it is an entire container that has been pulled aside if any one shipment inside is found to be suspicious then the entire container is given even closer scrutiny. Again, luck of the draw.

My shipment took forever. But in my case it was the great West Coast Dock slowdown a few years ago that held my stuff up as the dock workers slowed up all their work as part of a pay/benefits negotiation that had gone bad. It lasted seemingly forever. Once it hit shore though everything moved quickly. But I could still have been caught up in a random check and had delivery delayed even more.

Brian Book
02-23-2017, 3:43 PM
Hi all

Daniel I didn't reply to alarm you .... I think it just might be like David said luck of the Draw :(

Jerome Blanca made all the arrangements with the broker K Trans worldwide logistics Ltd out of Vancouver

I have contacted the Broker several times .... the Crate landed in Vancouver January 24th ... they still have not released the Crate ???? .... then the other day I received emails from the Broker asking what the machine going to be used for ? .... I asked her why she didn't already have this info .... she said they have never imported a Laser Machine before ? ... weird or what.

It will all work out eventually I'm sure

Anyways Daniel I didn't mean to take over your Thread and I apologize

Erik Goetheer
02-23-2017, 4:47 PM
Congratulations Daniel, now you just have to be a bit patient. I'm still setting up my machine, taking my time and busy with other stuff. But I guess I will fire it up in a day or two. Exciting. BTW, you will get a DVD with some simple and good instruction video's in which Rayfine shows step by step how to set everything up.

John, good to tell to backup the settings, I knew it but I had forgotten about it.

Jerome Stanek
02-23-2017, 6:29 PM
Hope they don't charge storage fees or destroy it for lack of paper work I would be on Blanca to get it straightened out as it was her broker

David Somers
02-23-2017, 8:41 PM
Since this is a Canadian Customs thing I am guessing with this post. But the Broker I used here (Blanca didnt had not dealt with US Customs much yet) had some difficulty determining the correct codes, especially for the laser. There were an amazing number of codes that could apply, and each one resulted in very different fees being applied by US Customs and Agriculture. My Broker was working with me to figure this out, and in that process found someone in her office that was familiar with this type of laser and knew which code applied. That resulted in a very minimal fee for me which was nice, and it sailed through the process without question. One of the questions that broker was asking though was what it was used for and how it was going to be used. I don't know if that is helpful info at all. Was just wondering if you might have a similar thing occurring on this transaction.

Daniel Norman
02-26-2017, 8:40 PM
That is good news about the DVD, I have been wondering about instructions and nervous about translations.

Congratulations Daniel, now you just have to be a bit patient. I'm still setting up my machine, taking my time and busy with other stuff. But I guess I will fire it up in a day or two. Exciting. BTW, you will get a DVD with some simple and good instruction video's in which Rayfine shows step by step how to set everything up.

John, good to tell to backup the settings, I knew it but I had forgotten about it.

Daniel Norman
03-04-2017, 12:23 AM
Blanca sent picturers, she said video would be coming.

Erik Goetheer
03-04-2017, 2:36 AM
Nice looking machine. :) The big brother of mine. Where are the 3 green buttons on top for?

Daniel Norman
03-04-2017, 8:41 PM
I am very curious about the buttons also? I will let you know when I learn.

Nice looking machine. :) The big brother of mine. Where are the 3 green buttons on top for?

David Somers
03-04-2017, 9:05 PM
Heh! Not labeled? <grin>

My first guess is they are the power switches that used to be location in an inset side panel on the right side (towards the front) of the machines. The switches there were rocker switches and they covered the main power, a second power outlet that usually got used for the air assist blower and table power and interior light, and a third one for the big air blower. Then on top of that we had a key switch on the top panel that controlled power to the tube itself. And then the big red power button, reminiscent of the large red button that was part of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I am curious once you are familiar with the machine. One comment I had made to Blanca (and a change I made to my machine) was to move the 3 way toggle switch to the front of the machine so I could raise and lower the table while easily watching it, a bit hard where it was originally located on the side panel. I also replaced the 3 way toggle, which was a fixed switch that stayed in place if you released it, with a spring loaded switch that returned to the center/off position if you released it. That way if you hand slipped while you were moving the table it didn't keep moving as you tried to get your hand back on it. Minor, but something that I found awkward.

I am also happy to see they have been adding a mA meter. Cheap, and it is good info.

Brian Book
03-04-2017, 9:22 PM
Hey Daniel .... Really Slick looking machine ! :) .... really nice .... your certainly gonna really enjoy using that Laser :)

Brian

Jerome Stanek
03-05-2017, 9:17 AM
Hey Daniel .... Really Slick looking machine ! :) .... really nice .... your certainly gonna really enjoy using that Laser :)

Brian

Brian did you ever get your laser

John Lifer
03-05-2017, 2:01 PM
Dang, they keep changing them up! Mine has the Udisk connection on the right side below the rotary connection and the rotary/Yaxis switch and the internal 'light' switch. My USB connection is way low on the right also. Looks like they didn't move that connection, but put the udisk on top, and the rotary connection and switch on the front below top section. And My water connection is way high above all the power connections. I like yours on lower left side. Leaks can't hurt anything.....

Mine has no separate z axis switch or buttons, I go into the controller to move the bed. Maybe two are related to that, up and down? does the third make it dance? :-) I'm curious!

David Somers
03-05-2017, 4:03 PM
John,

I might pop a note to Blanca about the water connection as a safety issue? Mine, like other machines from them, has the water hook up on the back panel, low and on the left as you face the front of the laser. It is far from an electricity. Though the connections to the tube are on the top right. Reasonably well protected from electricity.

Once my dog chased a cat into the garage and as they careened around the garage the cat leaped behind the laser and popped the water tube off its inlet. Took a while to get recovered from that in terms of water everywhere, but no damage due to water and electricity.

I am really curious what the green buttons are for now? They look cool though! <grin> As does the dangerous red panic button!!!

Erik Goetheer
03-07-2017, 4:09 AM
.... Once my dog chased a cat into the garage and as they careened around the garage the cat leaped behind the laser and popped the water tube off its inlet. Took a while to get recovered from that in terms of water everywhere, but no damage due to water and electricity.....

Horror scenario :eek: We have house animals too, 3 dogs, so I did put tie-wraps around all water inlets and outlets.

This is how my machine has its connections on the side, a 3-pin rotary connector, a toggle switch between rotary and Y-axis (and a neutral position in the middle which has caused me a heart attack already as the Y-axis wouldn't move when I first powered the machine. You can guess why ...), a switch for the lamp, a Udisk connection and at the bottom the PC connection. At the back the water inlet and outlet is on the far left, far away from the electronics.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/ckong65/Laser%20Engraver/Arrival%20of%20RF-9060/P1080907_zpswj0bwxuo.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/ckong65/media/Laser%20Engraver/Arrival%20of%20RF-9060/P1080907_zpswj0bwxuo.jpg.html)

@Daniel, you could ask Blanca of course about the 3 switches, then we can all satisfy our curiousity. ;)

John Lifer
03-07-2017, 9:13 AM
Well I have 4 terrors, but only one comes down to see me, the little one on the right.... And they DO want to welcome you!

And David, my machine has water in top due to the building with the intention of splitting in two parts to get thru doorway.
As you can see from top of the bottom piece it is flat, no hoses or wires going thru.

And then the cable connection and water connection on bottom right of photo. Which is the top back of the machine now...
I don't think there was an easier way.
I DID fasten down with sticky tabs and zip ties the water line and ammeter cable better than it came.
If I remember, it only had a couple the entire length and was loose. I had several laying around...
You can see here where there are now numerous ties.... I didn't want to crimp line....
If line deteriorated and leaked, it should run out between the parts and miss any electricals. I hope:)

David Somers
03-07-2017, 2:26 PM
Ooooh! I remember now John. You were asking about how to get the monster in through a small door and down some stairs if I remember correctly? Mine is a one piece cabinet so I didnt have that problem.