PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat...

Jim Becker
10-14-2005, 1:50 PM
It's not a Euro sliding table saw (!), but certainly a nice addition to my Festool arsenal.:p One thing I discovered when I build the wall-hung bookcase (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=23621) not long ago was the need for a finish sander that could get into corners. The DS400 fits that bill and with the "Test Drive" rebate available, it was time. I also bought the RS400 square pad for increased versatility and a small amount of abrasive to see how I actually use the tool before I "stock up" on disposables.

Bob Noles
10-14-2005, 2:31 PM
Jim,

Looks like a nice catch. I know you will enjoy that jewel.

Bernie Weishapl
10-14-2005, 3:05 PM
Nice looking machine Jim. I bought a mouse sander just for that purpose. Enjoy.

Michael Ballent
10-14-2005, 3:06 PM
Nice addition to the arsenal :D Why did you decide to go that route rather than the Fein Multimaster?

Corey Hallagan
10-14-2005, 3:45 PM
Congrats and enjoy the sander Jim!

Corey

Peter Pedisich
10-14-2005, 4:14 PM
Very Cool, Jim!

Pete

john whittaker
10-14-2005, 4:16 PM
Just test drove some (all) Festool products today...First time I ever held them. Mr. skeptic was impressed. Now I see what all the fuss is about.

Congrats on your gloat.

Jason Tuinstra
10-14-2005, 4:25 PM
Jim, it's not a small gloat if it has the name FESTOOL on it. ;) Let us know how well you like the new sander. I'm really would like to know how well it gets in the corners. I wouldn't mind a sander that does a good job in this area and I wouldn't mind adding to another FESTOOL to the stable.

lloyd morris
10-14-2005, 4:28 PM
Jim,That does not sound like a small gloat to me! Very impressive tool. Please let us know what you think after you use it for a while.Lloyd Morris

Frank Pellow
10-14-2005, 4:31 PM
Congratulations Jim. I have the Festool Deltex DX 93 and like the way it get into corners. Your sander has a larger footprint. Why did you choose it over the Deltex?

Festool surte does give us a large number of sanders to choose from and I think that I picked the right ones for me, but I can never be sure. :confused:

lou sansone
10-14-2005, 4:57 PM
hi jim ok nice tool....I don't want to get pulled over by the thread hijack police like I have recently, but tell us about the euro slider. Why, when and what? Just wondering. I

I looked at a SCM slider today and was not impressed. But that does not mean I am not interested in them. Just wasn't the saw for me.

lou

Jim Becker
10-14-2005, 9:22 PM
Why did you choose it over the Deltex?
Simple answer...cost. This is more of a convenience tool for me and I couldn't justify the extra cost for the Deltex. I can also use it with both the pointy base and the rectangular base. But I did look closely at the Deltex!

Why did you decide to go that route rather than the Fein Multimaster?
'Cause Uncle Bob doesn't sell Fein? :)

I don't want to get pulled over by the thread hijack police like I have recently, but tell us about the euro slider. Why, when and what? Just wondering.
Not "soon". I will try to build the cost into our future home addition since I'm planning on doing all the cabinetry. (We need that addition...once we have the girls, 1.5 bathrooms is just not going to cut it... ;) ) It will probably be a MiniMax SC3 or ST3, depending on funding and some other factors. I'd love to go the saw/shaper route if I can, but the price difference isn't chump-change. In the mean time, my Jet LT Cabinet Saw is a mighty fine tool, especially when complimented by my "Festool Arsenal".:p

Christopher Stahl
10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Nice purchase, Jim. Keep us posted on how new sander works out. It's a Festool, so it will be awesome. :) I think I'm going to break down and buy Festool sanders.

chris