PDA

View Full Version : Our moderator's tool collection :)

Roger Myers
06-20-2003, 6:27 PM
Many of you have seen the fine hand tools that Dave Anderson produces, and some have seen some photos of his shop...but, he doesn't always show people this view of his shop, where his plane collection resides...;)

Ok, so maybe in a jealous rage over his tool making skills I've exaggerated a bit.... This is a pic of a small portion of the tool collection at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont, where Dave and I were last Saturday as part of our Guilds summer trip. Very cool stuff on display there, although they need some work in cataloguing.

But, on a serious note, I think Dave is giving them a run for their money!!

Roger

Tom Stovell
06-20-2003, 10:19 PM
The sheer volume in the Shelburne collection is almost overwhelming. It is a great place to see things from a by-gone era.

I can't wait to go back, it has been a while since I was up that way.

Tom

Dave Anderson NH
06-22-2003, 8:56 AM
Well Roger, I suppose you got the best shot of the Shelborne collection up on the board here. for those of you do ever get into the northern VT area, it's a great collection and has much more than just the woodworking tools. There are also cobblers, smiths, tinners, logging, and a bunch which I forget. A long drive, though it was shortened considerably by Roger's radar detector and an early morning (6AM) start. The best part was that Roger treated me to a ride while he did all the driving. Thanks Roger! When you get back from your college shopping for Katie there's a marking knife waiting for you to pick up.