PDA

View Full Version : Rainy days

Keith Christopher
10-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I hate rainy days when I need to put a finish on, I have 3 projects waiting on a finish but I can't do it with the humidity so high. Suns out today so there may be hope. but in the meantime I began working on a new project, a mirror in one of the woodsmith mags can't remember which one, and finishing up my daughter's bed. Here are the pics. Got alot done in 4 hours.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/mirror4.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/mirror2.jpg

This is what it will look like but in cherry, this one is in wt oak

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/Portfolio/memirror1320.jpg

John Hart
10-14-2005, 1:20 PM
What a cool design! I'm dying to see how yours turns out. Man...that would look great in my house. It's the perfect style. Any chance you could ballpark a date of the magazine Keith? Good luck on your humidity!

Jim Becker
10-14-2005, 1:39 PM
That's going to be really nice in Cherry. While you are waiting to do the top coating, you could do a nice thin application of BLO to pop the cherry... ;)

David Duke
10-14-2005, 6:16 PM
What a cool design! I'm dying to see how yours turns out. Man...that would look great in my house. It's the perfect style. Any chance you could ballpark a date of the magazine Keith? Good luck on your humidity!

John, if I'm not mistaken I believe that this design was in WS #133.

John Hart
10-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Many Thanks!

Keith Christopher
10-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Jim: Good idea !

David/John:
The one pictured in WT oak hangs on my wall. :) I dunno why I'm building a second just felt like it and had some thin < 4" wide pieces of cherry handy.
Yep Vol 23 / No. 133.

Keith

Michael Adelong
10-15-2005, 8:48 AM
That is going to look awesome, Keith.

Mind telling a fellow Baltimoron where you like to get your bevelled mirrors?

Thanks hon. :cool:

Michael

John Hart
10-15-2005, 9:16 AM
Jim: Good idea !

David/John:
The one pictured in WT oak hangs on my wall. :) I dunno why I'm building a second just felt like it and had some thin < 4" wide pieces of cherry handy.
Yep Vol 23 / No. 133.

Keith

I'm going to have to build mine from Ash or Oak and stain it Red Mahogany/walnut mix to match the rest of the woodwork in the house. Everything in my house is the style of your mirror...same type of crowns and everything. It's going to be a wonderful addition!! I sure would like to find an etched mirror for it. Gonna hafta do some searchin'. :)
Here's a Pic of what I'm trying to match.

Keith Christopher
10-15-2005, 3:40 PM
BTW don't know if I mentioned it before but the coat hoooks slide left to right also. :)

That is going to look awesome, Keith.

Mind telling a fellow Baltimoron where you like to get your bevelled mirrors?

Thanks hon. :cool:

Michael

Michael,

I get it all from Laurel Glass and Mirror. I used to work down that way and got to know them fairly well. They can do almost anything and I've ordered all my glass and mirrors from them since. I'm sure there are some closer (which I'll have to find since it's a bit of a drive)

Keith