PDA

View Full Version : Want these clamps. Another way

jack duren
02-18-2017, 6:47 PM
I've been trying to get these clamps for a few weeks at the current price but refuse to join. Is there another way?
https://www.amazon.com/VISE-GRIP-Original-Locking-C-Clamp-22/dp/B0011361PS/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q0YBCKQP4RSBY4ZGV315

Brian Henderson
02-18-2017, 7:19 PM
Nope. It is restricted to Prime members, you have to be a Prime member to get that price.

Jerry Wright
02-18-2017, 7:21 PM
One of the benefits of Prime membership is this kind of seal. However the main benefit of Amazon Prime is the free shipping. I get my fee back in shipping savings very quickly.
You might do a general Web search for this item and com close to this deal. Just watch out for the shipping charges on heavy items like this.

Bruce Page
02-18-2017, 7:27 PM
Fastenal sells them for $52 + shipping.

IMO, Amazon Prime is an excellent deal if you do any amount of online shopping.
I have been a member for several years with no complaints.

Jim Riseborough
02-18-2017, 7:33 PM
Why not just buy them and pay shipping? I thought prime only gets your free shipping?

jack duren
02-18-2017, 7:36 PM
I buy a lot from Amazon, but I won't join for the deal.

We deal with Fastenal daily for CNC sharpening and other products.

Amazon is where I get my Kreg,Jorgensen gear and Northern tool deals. I usually buy over the $49 for free shipping just not the two day deal..

Jim Riseborough
02-18-2017, 7:43 PM
any family members a student, they get prime for 50% off. Its a good deal for a year.

Paul F Franklin
02-18-2017, 7:55 PM
There are lots of other things the prime membership gets you, including Prime deals like this that are only available to prime members. Also lots of free e-books, videos and TV shows, music. I've been a Prime member since they first offered it.

John K Jordan
02-18-2017, 8:34 PM
Wow, great price. I use one of those in for welding but could use more.

I like the Prime, not only because of the shipping but for the 2-day delivery. And my wife uses some of the other benefits.

JKJ

David T gray
02-18-2017, 9:04 PM
you can sign up for prime order the clamps then call amazon and cancel the account and they will prorate the account for you i bought 4 and got 5% off with amazon card . limit 5 per

Brian Henderson
02-18-2017, 9:25 PM
I seem to remember that they offer, or at least offered, a free Prime trial for a while. It was 2 weeks or a month or something. No clue what they're doing now because like most people, I have Prime. It's worth it if you buy ANYTHING off Amazon.

cody michael
02-18-2017, 10:34 PM
PayPal me the money I'll order them for you. Do you know any friends or family with prime? Last I checked which was a month or so ago they offered 1 month free trial.

Jim Andrew
02-18-2017, 11:39 PM
I had my nephew order a new pad for my bosch ro sander. He has prime, and I gave him the cash. Used to have my son do it, but he has moved to be close to his girl friend, and does not come around unless I call and ask him to.

Gene Takae
02-19-2017, 1:16 AM
In case you haven't used these clamps before be careful where the handles pivot. When you release the tension there is a nasty pinch point here.

Darcy Warner
02-19-2017, 1:28 AM
Plus you get Amazon prime tv with it too.

Van Huskey
02-19-2017, 2:12 AM
Plus you get Amazon prime tv with it too.

Worth it for Top Gear err I mean Grand Tour alone...

Brian Henderson
02-19-2017, 2:49 AM

Come on, Grand Tour is vastly superior to old Top Gear. It's Top Gear with a budget.

Frank Pratt
02-19-2017, 3:18 AM
Says right on the page that you can try Prime free for 30 days. So sign up, get your clamps & then cancel before 30 days. Or just pay for the prime, it's a pretty good deal.

Nick Decker
02-19-2017, 5:21 AM
The return policy with Prime can't be beat, IMO. Very few retailers will pay return shipping.

Justin Ludwig
02-19-2017, 6:53 AM
It's a business expense and can be written off. I buy a LOT of tools and accessories through Amazon. My wife is a voracious reader, so she enjoys the Kindle perks as well. I'm not sure what valid argument you have against joining?

Jim Riseborough
02-19-2017, 9:01 AM

Old Top Gears on there now too. Worth it to watch them again and again.

BTW I ordered 4 of those clamps. :)

jack duren
02-19-2017, 9:44 AM
In case you haven't used these clamps before be careful where the handles pivot. When you release the tension there is a nasty pinch point here.

I have two identical pinches on each hand. My co worker laughed because it was a mirror image on each hand. Gotta be careful on the release.....

jack duren
02-19-2017, 9:47 AM
PayPal me the money I'll order them for you. Do you know any friends or family with prime? Last I checked which was a month or so ago they offered 1 month free trial.

Wife says my daughter has an account with them. I'd like to buy 10-15...

Charles Lent
02-19-2017, 10:00 AM
If you like to watch movies, get Amazon Prime and a Fire TV box or Fire Stick, Then, with your high speed internet you get streaming movies over the internet to your TV to watch any time that you want itt, and the free shipping is a bonus.Many sports shows are available too. I get several times my investment in Prime worth of movie entertainment and free shipping every year. An APP called KODI can be added to your Fire TV or Fire Stick to get you almost every US movie that has been made since 1962, and earlier, if they are classics, like Gone With The Wind, etc. I also like to watch YouTube videos on wide screen and the Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick both can get any video that is on YouTube. I almost never watch cable TV any more and I will likely have it disconnected when C-Span is finally available, as that is the only channel that I want, but can't get now through Fire TV and Fire Stick.

Would you like to have buttons that you can press whenever you are running low on a product and want more? Like cereal, laundry detergent, bath products, etc? Amazon now has little button modules for many commonly used products that you can stick to your washer, cereal cabinet, or any place in your house that's convenient to wherever you keep the product. Whenever you run low on the product, all you have to do is press the button, and your Amazon Prime account will have that product on your doorstep in less than 2 days. Shopping can't get any easier than this. You don't even need to make a shopping list or go anywhere to get it.

Charley

Bill Dindner
02-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Sorry you have to have prime to order them, but thanks for the heads up on these, great price just ordered 3.

David T gray
02-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Wife says my daughter has an account with them. I'd like to buy 10-15...

its 5 per person limit so now u got to find 3 people .

Mel Fulks
02-19-2017, 12:36 PM
I've got several home made variations of Frankenstein vise grips that came from yard sales and I've passed on some.
Time to bring those back!

Jerry Dickens
02-19-2017, 10:02 PM
Harbor Freight sells one like that,the qualitymost likely will not be the same but worth a check.

Ben Rivel
02-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Great price! Might pick up a couple. Why wouldnt you want Prime exactly? You know you can give it to four other people right ("family members")? Just split it five ways with four others and its $20/yr or something like that. Pretty much a no brainer for all that you get with it.

Van Huskey
02-20-2017, 4:08 AM
Come on, Grand Tour is vastly superior to old Top Gear. It's Top Gear with a budget.

I honestly don't think so, the cinematographer is good but lacks some of the glitz of TG and the jabs at TG ith conversation street and the dead celebrity are a waste of time they could be showing a Porche GT3RS or the sublime Ferrari J-50...

I did the Prime sign up/order/cancel deal on either Amazon UK or DE (I forget) last year as US Prime doesn't carry over. They had a similar Prime only deal on Systainer 4s and I needed them to move some of my Bosch and Dewalt tools out of the ghetto and into McMansions so they looked like everyone else on the street and didn't get an inferiority complex. I think 4 were just over $160 shipped where from a US retailer they would have been $340.

Hoang N Nguyen
02-20-2017, 9:24 AM
If you have a family member or even a good friend who has prime. They can add you to their account and you get FREE prime perks. My wife paid for prime on her amazon account, added my account to her prime and I get almost all the perks she does. I just don't get the free e-books and amazon videos like she does, but I also don't care for it. So, I get free 2 day shipping, sometime free same day or next day shipping (depending on item) and I didn't have to pay for it!! :) win win for me.

mark mcfarlane
02-20-2017, 11:52 AM
FWIW, these clamps appears to now be out of stock.... I can only find third party sellers at the link posted above.

Brian Henderson
02-20-2017, 12:02 PM
I honestly don't think so, the cinematographer is good but lacks some of the glitz of TG and the jabs at TG ith conversation street and the dead celebrity are a waste of time they could be showing a Porche GT3RS or the sublime Ferrari J-50...

They have to be different, there are things they simply can't do the same as the old show for legal reasons. Putting a star in a reasonably priced car was pointless too, they wasted a ton of time talking about movies and TV shows that are now done in less than a minute. Getting all those celebrities to show up and not even get to push their current projects is actually pretty amazing. As much as I'd rather just have the Stig around, they can't do it.

Perry Holbrook
02-20-2017, 12:31 PM
FWIW, these clamps appears to now be out of stock.... I can only find third party sellers at the link posted above.

I'd think this thread ran them out of stock. I know I bought a few and I'm sure others have as well. It's an impulse purchase that causes a short term demand spike that exceeds their usual inventory.

Perry

Mark W Pugh
02-20-2017, 9:46 PM
Are they still out of stock or what? I get no price on the link.

Thanks

Garth Almgren
02-21-2017, 12:15 PM
I missed it too since I was out of town - how much were they going for?

Bruce Page
02-21-2017, 12:21 PM
I missed it too since I was out of town - how much were they going for?

$13 and change, shipped.

Jim Riseborough
02-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Mine showed up today!

Brett Luna
02-24-2017, 1:17 PM
Were these really a deal for Prime members only? I logged out and saw the same price with the only difference being the shipping...and for non-Primers it was free for orders >$35.

Jim Riseborough
02-24-2017, 1:37 PM
I just checked. Seems to be the case
OP needs to order NOW!

Jeff Ramsey
02-24-2017, 3:09 PM
I tried, an a Prime member and can't get the $13.11 price.

Carl Beckett
02-24-2017, 3:31 PM
It may not be worth the investment, but if you have a new baby you might qualify for 'Amazon mom' (free Amazon Prime for a year).

Although to me that seems a little extreme simply to save a couple bucks, but some are quite motivated by a bargain...

Bruce Page
02-24-2017, 3:56 PM
I'm glad to see these back on the shelf at Amazon, I ordered 2.
These will come in handy. There have been several times I have needed a deep reach clamp and ended up using weights.

John K Jordan
02-24-2017, 6:47 PM
I'm glad to see these back on the shelf at Amazon, I ordered 2.
These will come in handy. There have been several times I have needed a deep reach clamp and ended up using weights.

I received 4 yesterday after seeing the buzz here. It's not THAT much of a savings from the normal selling price but it adds up. I have some of these which are very handy for welding but they don't have the flat swivel pads like these.

Speaking of weights, I keep a supply of old scuba weights from 3 to 8 lbs, a few bags of lead shot, and a 25 lb lead brick - incredibly handy at times.

JKJ