PDA

View Full Version : Laser exhaust- single or double wall?

Steven Wayne
02-18-2017, 11:31 AM
My Boss LS-3655 arrived yesterday. It included a 6" blower and some 6" flexible dusting. Going to HD today to buy ducking. Was thinking I'd exhaust the fan through the wall and up about 14'. Is there a reason to not use the double wall 6" ducting? Should I increase to 8" right after the blower?

thank you in advance!

Matt McCoy
02-18-2017, 12:38 PM
I don't think you would see any significant benefit using 8" with that short of a run or double-wall pipe. I would place the blower as close to the end of the run as possible to keep most of it under negative pressure and use 6" galvanized (cheap!) or PVC (quieter).

Kev Williams
02-18-2017, 1:05 PM
You'll not need any larger than the 6" duct. The 6" outlet from my Triumph is plenty big enough. To show this, I just made this 'noise' video of my HF blower from my Triumph. (pardon the cheap duct tape, Gorilla tape is about to replace it ;)

You'll notice an airliner flying by about 3 miles away as I walk outside is deafening compared to the blower exhaust :D

https://youtu.be/vaEO8gglh3I

Steven Wayne
02-18-2017, 1:26 PM
Kev, thank you for the video!!!

Robert Bonenfant
02-18-2017, 7:25 PM
Make sure you don't buy cheap dryer vent pipe (the super flex in tiny bundle) - this type of piping has small holes in it.
We had this problem at the start of our business - one machine was fine but once we added more we really could tell a huge difference. Basic metal duct works great and it's cheap - seal the edges and your ready to go .