PDA

View Full Version : camera used for deep hollowing

joe zarnitz
02-16-2017, 8:12 PM
has anyone used an endoscopy camera for this purpose----if so any info ---type-cost or potential problems to look out for----tks,joe

joseph moses
02-16-2017, 9:41 PM
Funny that you should ask. I saw this when looking at hollowing systems yesterday. I don't know anything about the product but I saw it and thought I would share it with you.

https://www.jtturningtools.com/cuttervision

Olaf Vogel
02-16-2017, 10:05 PM
Funny that you should ask. I saw this when looking at hollowing systems yesterday. I don't know anything about the product but I saw it and thought I would share it with you.

https://www.jtturningtools.com/cuttervision

I’m a tech geek and like these sorts of things.
But this, I would consider: a solution in search of a problem….

Too much tech.

I use a crayon on the monitor screen to show me where the cutter is inside the vessel.
A little spit and a wipe, after inserting/repositioning the cutter.

You’d have to use up a lot of crayons, before justifying the cost of this….

:)

robert baccus
02-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Too much tech?? What is a moniter screen in a turning shop?

joseph moses
02-17-2017, 12:12 AM
Too much tech?? What is a moniter screen in a turning shop?
I thought the same thing when I saw it. It is a neat idea but I thought that there was too many things that could go bad and need repairs. I ended up ordering the Monster hollowing system with the laser. It seems well liked by fellow creekers.

Glenn C Roberts
02-17-2017, 6:56 AM
I think Joe may be wanting to look inside the vase as he is cutting, or just to view the progress, with the endoscopy. The other camera setups view the outside of the vase with the outline of the cutter drawn on the monitor, or a transparency on the monitor, to determine the wall thickness. Under 50 bucks for this setup. Only a simple back up camera, a small 7"monitor, and a plug in power supply. Easy.

Dwight Rutherford
02-17-2017, 11:45 AM
I did the same as Glenn, under $70. Works great! Allan Zenreich was a U-Tube clip how to.

Jeff Jackson
02-18-2017, 8:40 AM
I found a cheap wireless security camera for less than $30 off of Amazon. I already had a shop tv and a home made laser mount which was easily converted. Quick and easy and works great!