PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Question about MicroFence Plunge Base

Josh Lucus
02-16-2017, 1:43 PM
Hello, this is my first post. I am researching the Micro Fence mini router base ($$!!) and ran across this - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?29281-Shop-made-micro-adjustable-plunge-base
All I can say is wow! I am inspired by the talent and the friendly atmosphere here!

I would love to hear from anyone that has used the MF base, and if you purchased the dust collection option.

Thank you

Jim Becker
02-16-2017, 9:10 PM
(I adjusted your thread title to hopefully encourage more responses - Jim - Forum Moderator)
------

Welcome to SMC!

While I have no familiarity with the MicroFence plunge base, I do have other products from them in my shop and can state that their quality is excellent. I've also chatted with Richard a number of times in years past at shows. Their stuff isn't inexpensive, but it's accurately machined from high quality materials.

Josh Lucus
02-17-2017, 1:16 PM
Thank you Mr. Becker. It does not appear that anyone uses the MF base.

JL

Chuck Nickerson
02-17-2017, 1:21 PM
I have the MF base and use it fairly regularly. If you're going to pattern route the DC isn't necessary. If you're free-handing and trying to stay inside a line, the DC is quite helpful.

Bruce Page
02-17-2017, 1:37 PM
Josh, welcome to SMC. I can't answer your question directly to the Micro Fence base. I can say that having precise control of the bit depth is very convenient, especially in cutting inlays. I didn't make any provisions for dust control on my home made base but I would bet that the MF option works well.

Alan Lightstone
02-17-2017, 9:39 PM
I just used mine to rout a large circle earlier this week. I like it, but don't love it. It is amazingly precise, but I find I have to re-read the instructions every time I use it.