PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Transferring Icons and "Cut & Paste"

Boyd Gathwright
10-14-2005, 3:00 AM
.... I have noticed just lately, I am having trouble transferring the icons from the right side of the screen? I double click and nothing happens. The one's at the bottom are still functional. Also, I've noticed my "cut and paste" is not 100% either.

.... Is anyone else having any of these problems?

Vaughn McMillan
10-14-2005, 5:43 AM
Boyd, are you using Firefox? There was a similar thread over in the Support forum, and if you empty your browser cache, it seems to solve the problem. (It did for me.)

If you're using Firefox, click Tools | Options | Privacy, then click the Clear button next to Cache.

If you're using IE, it's Tools | Internet Options, then click the General tab and click the Delete Files button under the Temporary Internet Files section.

That'll likely handle the problem. I hope this helps -

- Vaughn

Boyd Gathwright
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
.... Thanks Vaughn, You make a good point but I used “IE”. Not sure myself just what the problem is yet. What comes to mind is, perhaps, the new software recently installed here at the creek.

.... Thanks again.

Boyd

Boyd, are you using Firefox? There was a similar thread over in the Support forum, and if you empty your browser cache, it seems to solve the problem. (It did for me.)

If you're using Firefox, click Tools | Options | Privacy, then click the Clear button next to Cache.

If you're using IE, it's Tools | Internet Options, then click the General tab and click the Delete Files button under the Temporary Internet Files section.

That'll likely handle the problem. I hope this helps -

- Vaughn

Aaron Koehl
10-14-2005, 3:50 PM
Boyd,

A lot of script files were upgraded here at the 'Creek lately, which browsers tend to cache. If your browser produces an older version of the file and combines it with new content downloaded from the 'Creek, you can have issues using some of the upgraded features (Quick Reply, the Editor, etc). Please make sure you are using the latest version of your browser (IE), and try deleting your Temporary Internet Files as Vaughn suggested.