PDA

View Full Version : First experience with a Festool Tool

Dennis Peacock
06-20-2003, 5:20 PM
Well....some of you may remember back when I was gabbing about how my 3 month old PC333 was acting up and didn't sand for "nuttin' "....Well I made the decision to get a Festool ES 125 ROS sander from Bob M. who posts on WC and visits here. What a GREAT sales person AND customer service oriented fellow he is. Besides that...he KNOWS about Festool tools.

I got the ES 125 as I wanted to "ease in" in getting or spending a lot more money for a "sander". Was it worth the money I spent for the sander? <B>You Bet!!!!</B>

I tested that puppy out the other night and I also got the vac hose that fits the sander and hooked it up to my shop vac.....didn't have the money to spend on the Festool vac.....
I commenced to sanding with that little sander with the hum of the shop vac on the other end and I was <B>amazed</B> at how well this baby sanded and the vibration to the hand was extremely LOW. Very confortable to hold and use.

What surprised me even more is that I sanded several feet of Red Oak with the SAME sanding disk and it is still good to use right now!!! In the past, I have had to change sanding discs a couple of times before finish sanding a couple of boards of oak. The sanding dust was ALL sucked up by the vac and no visible dust was EVER left on the sanding disc.

In my opinion....why waste your money on cheap sanders with moderate results....get a GOOD sander to begin with and consider your sanding problems resolved. I should have bought one of these jewels a LONG time ago....very well made and an EXCELLENT tool and sander.

My hat is off to Festool for a fine tool!!!!

Jason Roehl
06-20-2003, 5:24 PM
So, Dennis, can I have your old PC333? I've already got two, but I could always use another. I've never had a problem with the things, so your junk could be my treasure....:D

Who knows? I might even go to Arkansas to pick it up this falll!!