PDA

View Full Version : Turnbuckle Sourch Question

Rich Riddle
02-15-2017, 5:40 PM
You folks in the Creek prove far more helpful than tractorbynet, so here is a question. My Yanmar compact tractor is missing a small turnbuckle for the 3-point hitch. Your help on finding a supplier for a similar turnbuckle would be appreciated. The one that is in place is pictured below. Thanks.

Kev Williams
02-15-2017, 5:52 PM
The boater in me says that looks like something I'd see on a sailboat.. :)

Lee Schierer
02-15-2017, 6:16 PM
Wouldn't you be able to get this part from Yanmar? If not you can buy a similar looking turnbuckle here (http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/SK102CH_Universal-Stabilizer-Chain-Kit_23909.htm?gclid=CIeTl5-dk9ICFZxWDQod6vQPvg)

Rich Riddle
02-15-2017, 6:49 PM
Thanks, I had no idea this is a universal stabilizer chain. You folks are great. Yanmar parts are difficult to get for the tractors they sold when departing the USA. I figure a generic one will work just fine. Thanks again.

Ed Aumiller
02-15-2017, 9:18 PM
Looks just like the one on my John Deere 770 (engine by Yanmar) so probably a JD dealer would have it or get it for you..

Jerome Stanek
02-16-2017, 6:47 AM
looks like the one on my old Kabota

Ryan Mooney
02-16-2017, 4:58 PM
Note that a lot of the older Yanmars (especially the grey market ones) are mostly part identical with similar year John Deeres as that was part of the reason they weren't in the US market (basically as I recall.. always dubious but anyway... JD was selling Yanmars and they were able to sell more that way so agreed to not compete at that time). Figuring out the 1:1 relationship can be a bit .. challenging.. but if you're in a real pinch and you take the part down to a JD parts dealer they can sometimes match it up for you.

Most of the "accessory" parts like lifters, turn-buckles, hydraulic parts, etc.. are pretty cross tractor generic. Almost any tractor supply house can hook you up with those.

Rich Riddle
02-16-2017, 8:32 PM
I actually have one of the Yanmar tractors marketed to the US, a YM147D model. Apparently, it's one of the few. It has very few problems, and only minor problems at most. The dealer who was an authorized Yanmar dealer back in the day that is located in Michigan says he can get any needed part but doesn't expect to order many parts. Here is a better picture of the old girl.

Ronald Blue
02-17-2017, 12:00 AM
If I am not mistaken the Cub Cadet compact utility tractors are made by Yanmar.

Ryan Mooney
02-17-2017, 12:41 AM
Neat, the officially imported ones are kind of a rarity. A bit smaller than the one I had but looks like a nice solid little work horse!