PDA

View Full Version : Amazon and the 1000SE

Dave Lehnert
10-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Been looking at the Incra 1000SE real hard at Amazon because of the low price. Noticed Saturday it was down to “only 5 left in stock. Order soon” Wanting to do more research I did not buy at that time. Sunday it had the dreaded “ships in one to two week“. Most of us know, when it says that, it is out of stock. So in no hurry I held off till Tuesday night about 11Pm to place my order. Placed order and got an email saying shipment was not due to be delivered till Nov 2nd. That was ok with me. In no hurry. Remember this was Tuesday night at 11Pm. Thursday at 10am the UPS guy comes to my house with a box. What in the world could it be? It was my 1000SE. So If looking to purchase one there is hope.
Wonder how much faster it would have come if I got something other than the free shipping?

Vaughn McMillan
10-14-2005, 4:47 AM
That's pretty fast indeed, especially for free shipping. I wonder how close you are to the distribution center. (I don't even know where that might be.)

I had a similar online ordering experience with Wal-Mart (of all places) last year around Christmas. A coworker and I separately ordered DVD recorders (same exact model) on a Wednesday mid-afternoon at work (in Burbank). We both specified the lowest-cost shipping. Both DVD recorders were waiting for us the next morning when we arrived at the office around 9:00AM. They had been shipped from Arkansas. Still haven't figured out how they pulled that one off during the holiday rush.

BTW, I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the Incra 1000SE.

- Vaughn

Jeff Watson
10-15-2005, 11:54 PM
That is currently happening to me also. Ordered a Makita MAC2400 air compressor 3 weeks ago from them. After I placed the order, website said it would ship Dec 2. Well I thought, darn that is 2 months from now. Then Friday I check my order just for the heck of it and low and behold it was shipped out Friday from Kentucky and will be at my door Monday. The funny thing is that the web site still has expected arrival date of Dec 6. I have ordered tools from them before and they usually come from North Dakota and take a few days to get here. They must be shuffling things up or something