PDA

View Full Version : Miniature maker of handtools

john zulu
02-10-2017, 3:38 AM
https://www.instagram.com/marcoterenzi/

excellent work. A lot more expensive than the Veritas miniature range.

Mike Brady
02-10-2017, 10:22 AM
At the first Handworks show in Amana, IA, Terrenzi had his miniature version of Christopher Schwarz's tool chest on display, complete with many of the tools. The miniature LN No. 62 was incredible, and can be seen on the link posted above. I have no idea what the prices might be.

Kelly Cleveland
02-10-2017, 10:31 AM
I was just about to post this, I assume you saw Jimmy Diresta's video?
This is some really amazing stuff, and the mini workshop is very cute.

Bill Houghton
02-10-2017, 1:09 PM
He looks, from the pics, like a full-size guy. Did you mean, "Maker of miniature handtools" - ? (insert teasing smiley face)

People who do that kind of work amaze me, but I am not inspired either to follow in their footsteps or spend money on tools that are lovely but not much functional.

Bruce Page
02-10-2017, 2:23 PM
He's a very talented machinist. Big smiles standing in front of his Bridgeport.

george wilson
02-10-2017, 6:52 PM
Only certain things can be done on a milling machine or a lathe. The rest must be done by hand. Especially saw handles. This fellow is definitely great at his work. And young. He should have a long career, and develop further skills. He mentioned bill Robertson,the king of miniature makers,and a good friend of mine. He used to hang out in my shop for days at a time when a teenager, while his parents toured the museum.

He uses MOPANE, a mahogany like wood,but with smaller pores and grains. Also certain bush and shrub woods like white thorn.

john zulu
02-11-2017, 10:09 AM
I was just about to post this, I assume you saw Jimmy Diresta's video?
This is some really amazing stuff, and the mini workshop is very cute.

Yup saw it on Diresta channel

Marty Schlosser
02-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Hmmm, I think you meant your title to be "Maker of Miniature Handtools"! lol

All joking aside, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Great workmanship, indeed.

glenn bradley
02-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Ships in a bottle anyone? :) Interesting stuff.