PDA

View Full Version : Thread on a Wagner Power Steamer 705?

Wade Lippman
02-09-2017, 12:52 PM
I am making a steam box, and would like to attach the tube to the box using the existing fitting. Wagner says they get it from Germany and they will try to find out what it is, but presumably it is metric. Anyone happen to know what it is? (Hey, they called me; that is pretty good service...)

Odds are I will just cut it off because the metric fitting will be unobtainable, but maybe...

Steven Hosler
02-10-2017, 11:22 AM
I just cut the fitting that it came with, drilled through the box (I used a large PVC pipe) and set the fitting with silicon caulk (something that can handle higher temps). It worked just fine. Realize that the Wagner will only produce about 30 min of steam per fill up. (You may have refill for larger projects)

Bradley Gray
02-10-2017, 4:13 PM
If you still have the option, I would recommend the Earlex. 90 minutes of steam and comes with a through the wall fitting for your box for $65. Made in England.

I'm likely going to buy another one so I can run them serially for 180 minutes of steam.

I found by trial & error that my 8 x 8 x 48 plywood box needed to be insulated. I also added an inexpensive analog instant read thermometer.

Wade Lippman
02-10-2017, 5:31 PM
I bought the steamer a few years ago for $5. I am finally going to use it!

Wagner says they were told it was a 18 x 1/8 thread. Google has not hits on that. I expect I will be cutting it off.

Bob Glenn
02-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Just cut it off, poke it through the hole in the box and put a large zip tie on it to keep it from slipping out of the hole. It isn't that hard.