PDA

View Full Version : performax 1632 help needed

Bob Michaels
02-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Hoping someone can help. My 10 year old 1632 has an issue. The clip on the drum that holds the trailing edge of the paper (nearest motor) has broken loose of the small screw that holds it to the drum. So, now there is no way to secure the last inch of sandpaper to the drum. I need to take the drum off so i can repair the clip but i don't see any easy way to do this and there is nothing in the manual about removing the drum. Only thing i can see to do is unbolt the carriage from the motor housing and detach the shaft linkage and go from there. Any help would be appreciated.

John Aperahama
02-08-2017, 10:29 PM
I think that if you unbolt (4x bolts) the drum carriage complete with drum you can then work on the inboard clip. The little screw in there has a retaining nut I have not done this myself but am about to order a new clip as my 22/44 does not hold tight anymore.
Ereplacementparts has the clip screw etc not expensive my advise is do not cheap out buy the screw and nut etc.

Ken Krawford
02-09-2017, 8:13 AM
I think John has given you good advice but before starting you may want to give Jet a call. I've had pretty good luck with their tech support on my 16/32. Their people are pretty knowledgable.

Bob Michaels
02-09-2017, 9:26 PM
John & Ken, thanks for the help. I will give Jet a call to get their advice but you guys came up with what i was thinking...remove the 4 bolts & disengage the linkage. Thanks again, Bob.