PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Internals

Robert Walters
02-08-2017, 5:42 PM
I run CorelDraw in a VirtualBox XP VM, on OSX as the host.

Last night I had a power outage which caused the XP's vdisk to become corrupted and XP no longer boots, even when booting from XP installer ISO. But I was able to mount the vdisk to another VM and get access to the file system.

My other VM is at least a year out of date, I'm really not familiar with the INTERNALS of corel in the respect of where/what it writes "things" to in respect to it's environment, such as:

Fonts,
pallets,
rulers,
settings,
preferences,
tools,
addons,
etc

Be that the file system (and locations), registry, config files, ini files, I just want to be able to extract whatever I need from the FUBAR'ed VM to recreate my once once setup in the out-of-date VM.

If anyone has a list of what is where, or a link to such things, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris J Anderson
02-08-2017, 6:43 PM
I think you need to have saved the 'workspace' before to then be able to reload your settings.

Robert Walters
02-08-2017, 7:21 PM
Chris,

Do you happen to know what the "workspace" consisted of?

Also, how/where would I save that now (I have multiple corel installs)?

Robert Walters
02-08-2017, 8:39 PM
While I have X4, I found this X5 article about workspaces:

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216664718-How-to-Save-Back-up-and-Import-a-CorelDRAW-Workspace

It mentions this path for "workspace" file(s):

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Corel\Core lDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Draw\Workspace

I couldn't find that EXACT path, but I did find this:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Corel\Cor
elDRAW Graphics Suite X4\

and all the associated file/folder within.

I'll test it out later.

John Lifer
02-09-2017, 8:09 AM
Fonts under windows is in main windows font folder, i think you found the main folder for the system.