PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly overarm blade guard

Jason White
02-08-2017, 1:31 PM
Anybody have one of these and like it? Does it rise and fall when you push stock underneath? Or do I have to adjust the height for different stock thicknesses?

Jason

Rod Sheridan
02-08-2017, 1:41 PM
Hi Jason, I have the Excelsior which has the identical basket guard.

It does ride up over the stock.

What it doesn't do is stay up regardless of how much I tighten the Kip lever, I might need to change the spacers for something less slippery...........Regards, Rod.

George Werner
02-08-2017, 4:24 PM
I have that same Grizzly guard and yes, it does rise and fall as you push the stock through. I love it by the way.

Jason White
02-13-2017, 1:34 PM
Hi, George. Does it do a good job sucking up the dust? What size dust collector do you use with it? Also, do you regret not having one that's attached to the saw?

Rod Sheridan
02-13-2017, 1:48 PM
Hi Jason, mine does a good job of collecting the dust, if you want I could post some readings.

Mine is attached to the saw, which is important as I move my saw............Rod.

George Werner
02-13-2017, 2:38 PM
Hi, George. Does it do a good job sucking up the dust? What size dust collector do you use with it? Also, do you regret not having one that's attached to the saw?

Jason, I think it does a great job. I'm running a 2HP Laguna cyclone with it. As far as attaching to the saw, there is a bracket that connects it to the base of the cabinet. For me it's not an issue since I don't move my saw around, but if I had to move it I would just need to remove 2 screws and slide the arm out from under the saw.