PDA

View Full Version : Chugging sound from Maytag front load washer

Clarence Martin
02-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Got a 5 year old Blue front load Maytag Washer , Made in Germany. It's been running great, except the past couple of weeks. It's been making a Chugging sound when the water is draining. Sometimes on the last minute, it will stay on 1 Minute for 20 Minutes. Open the door when that happens , and the clothes are soaking wet. Sometimes the drain hose pulls back and forth when draining. Sometimes drains SLOW!!!

Checked for junk around the drain holes under the rubber boot, nothing there.

Any idea what the problem might be ???

Scott Brader
02-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Try repairclinic.com. They have lots of how-to diagnose and repair videos and instructions. I have bought parts from them a number of times through the years and they are always prompt and very helpful.

Scott

Bert Kemp
02-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Sounds like the air intake is blocked or vent pipe . If it doesn't have air the water will not drain right.

Brett Luna
02-08-2017, 11:24 AM
It may also be the drain pump filter. Videos abound on how to clean it.

Stan Calow
02-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Yes check the filter. Ours (not a Maytag) got plugged with coins and tissue wads.

Chris Padilla
02-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Clarence,

Do a general web search of your washer. You are guaranteed to find all sorts of helpful advice and likely even video addressing your issue. It most likely isn't unique. I have a Maytag Neptune front-load washer and I was shocked at all the info out there. I had an issue and it was the door lock. Apparently it is very common and some guy is making a bit of cash selling a small kit of parts to fix the problem. So a couple days later, my Neptune washer was back to normal and I saved mega mega MEGA bucks searching and DIYing it with this kit.

Todd Mason-Darnell
02-08-2017, 1:46 PM
Try repairclinic.com. They have lots of how-to diagnose and repair videos and instructions. I have bought parts from them a number of times through the years and they are always prompt and very helpful.

Scott

+1 on repairclinic.com

Clarence Martin
02-08-2017, 3:28 PM
Ah HA!@!!

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!

Apparently, I didn't check close enough at the drain holes under the rubber boot!:rolleyes: Somehow , a TISSUE got left in the clothes and when the wash was draining, it jammed up the holes. Spent almost 20 minutes picking bits of TISSUE:o out of the drain holes with a Tweezers.

Ran an empty load of HOT water with 2 cups of Bleach through to make sure it flushed anything else out..

Running like a charm now !