PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Sample White Background Issue

tony mazzone
02-06-2017, 8:30 AM
Hi All,

I'm trying to make a virtual sample in CorelDraw. I took a picture of a product and imported it into Photo-Paint. I cleaned it up and saved it as a PNG and GIF as other online instructions advise. I did check the transparent background box. When I import it to CorelDraw and try to put it on another background there is a white box around it. Is there a way to save it as a transparent background? I know there are a lot of tutorials on how to do this but the first few that I tried were not getting the job done.

Thanks,
Tony

Glen Monaghan
02-06-2017, 10:36 AM
The png format will allow transparent background, but the details of how to do it depend on the application from which you save it. Programs such as PaintShopPro let you either specify the color/color range to make transparent, or simply click on areas to make transparent, while others such as PhotoPaint make you work harder (such as outlining and filling the opaque areas in the cutout lab tool). Google is your friend... Corel has online help files describing a few different ways to set the transparency in PhotoPaint.
https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216435177-How-to-create-an-image-with-a-transparent-background

Kev Williams
02-06-2017, 11:18 AM
For transparent gifs, change to 256 colors, then save it. That usually works for me--

If that still doesn't work, then the background isn't 'all white'. You may have to erase the background first, then resave--

Bruce Clumpner
01-24-2018, 2:16 PM
Agree with the other folks, you have to remove everything, even the white for transparency to work.