PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker's listened. It's back. Who wanted the delve square?

Cary Falk
01-31-2017, 3:53 PM
http://www.woodpeck.com/delvesquare17.html

Victor Robinson
01-31-2017, 5:41 PM
http://www.woodpeck.com/delvesquare17.html

I think Van wanted at least 10 of 'em...

Ben Rivel
01-31-2017, 5:50 PM
Ah, another TwoTime/ThreeTime Tool. I bought one brand new for $35 off of eBay a few months ago. Use it to set 45 and 90 on my table saw. That about it.

Van Huskey
01-31-2017, 7:03 PM
Got the email this morning, ordered about 2 minutes later. I wonder if me mentioning it on the drill press thread had anything to do with pushing them over, the Woodpecker guy did say he would mention it and it would be sooner rather than later.

Len Rosenberg
01-31-2017, 7:26 PM
I got one the last time they were available. Use it all the time to make cut lines. Turned out to be more useful than I expected. It is quite small, which makes it easy to use, but not sure how well it would work to set 45 or 90 on a saw blade, I would use a larger square than this one.

Nick Decker
01-31-2017, 7:58 PM
To adjust my saw, you have to kind of contort yourself and reach way inside the cabinet to turn a hex bolt. Very hard to hold up a square against the blade while doing that, so this one being able to stand up against the blade on its own is very helpful. Mine is on my workbench most of the time.

Chris Padilla
02-01-2017, 1:44 AM
I'd like one but I don't wanna pay for the fancy box that it will never go back into once I take it out.

Simon MacGowen
02-01-2017, 11:55 AM
The Onetime tool thing is misleading. It should be renamed as Multiple Times Tool. They can retire and reproduce a tool at a time of their choosing. For this reason, I do not own any Woodpecker's one time tool and am not getting this either.

Simon

mike liuzzo
02-01-2017, 12:08 PM
so i dont own any square at all really (yes, im a noob...)

would this be a nice beginning square?

Cary Falk
02-01-2017, 12:24 PM
I would say it would be too small for general layout and stuff. For a first and only square I would pick something in the 8 to 12 inch range. I have the 1281 along with some other stuff.

Ben Rivel
02-01-2017, 2:22 PM
so i dont own any square at all really (yes, im a noob...)

would this be a nice beginning square?If you dont already have one and you would like to buy one to last you for a while Id go with the Woodpeckers 1281.

Rich Riddle
02-01-2017, 6:44 PM
Is this going to be like the Festool sander where the rest of us get them months after ordering and Van has a stack immediately in his shop?

Don Orr
02-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Does it come with the fancy pencil shown in the photos? I might bite if it did.

Steve Peterson
02-03-2017, 11:59 AM
I really like the Woodpeckers quality, but that tool is a bit too much money for me. I will stick with my Empire 2994 framing square. It is made in the USA with thick aluminum.

Steve

Patrick Curry
02-03-2017, 9:01 PM
Check out Harry J Epstein. They have high quality seconds (blemishes) machinest squares and other layout tools for cheap. Good place to start.

Van Huskey
02-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Is this going to be like the Festool sander where the rest of us get them months after ordering and Van has a stack immediately in his shop?

:rolleyes: :D

I find it interesting how people hate the "one time tool" label. I could see it if you were collecting them but they aren't Bridge City Tools. I think they originally intended them to be ONE TIME but people wanted more, I am actually glad they rerun the popular ones, my last DelVe square was "borrowed" so I am really happy to get a replacement. Many of their OTTs do some really interesting things, this one is a really neat layout/setup tool to keep in your vest or apron pocket.

George Werner
02-05-2017, 12:58 AM
:rolleyes: :D

I find it interesting how people hate the "one time tool" label. I could see it if you were collecting them but they aren't Bridge City Tools. I think they originally intended them to be ONE TIME but people wanted more, I am actually glad they rerun the popular ones, my last DelVe square was "borrowed" so I am really happy to get a replacement. Many of their OTTs do some really interesting things, this one is a really neat layout/setup tool to keep in your vest or apron pocket.

Exactly, these are tools, not collectibles. If one of the "one time tools" turns out to be more useful and more in demand than originally expected, why shouldn't Woodpeckers produce more?

Nick Decker
02-05-2017, 3:21 AM
Probably just the "One Time" label that some people object to. Fact is, some people do collect tools and might be drawn to that aspect of it. Maybe they should sign and number them. 8-)

Bill Orbine
02-18-2017, 9:36 PM
So... I went to the Woodworking show in NJ this weekend and spotted Delve Square at the Woodpecker booth. I decided to check in later cause it was too crowded around the table. Near the end of the day, I made my way back to Woodpecker and the square was gone. I asked one of the Woodpecker personnel about the square and he said it was stolen. That is pathetic!

Van Huskey
02-19-2017, 1:56 AM
So... I went to the Woodworking show in NJ this weekend and spotted Delve Square at the Woodpecker booth. I decided to check in later cause it was too crowded around the table. Near the end of the day, I made my way back to Woodpecker and the square was gone. I asked one of the Woodpecker personnel about the square and he said it was stolen. That is pathetic!

Wonder if it is the same person that pilfered mine... I still hope mine got swept into the trash or is lost somewhere since only people I "trust" have been in the shop and a burglar probably wouldn't have stopped at the DelVe square.

lowell holmes
02-19-2017, 1:47 PM
I tried to order one, but I couldn't wade through the stuff to get it on order. I will not try again.

Edwin Santos
02-19-2017, 3:16 PM
I tried to order one, but I couldn't wade through the stuff to get it on order. I will not try again.

In case you might reconsider, I ordered one through Highland Woodworking this morning without issues. I didn't realize it at the time, but Japan Woodworker is doing a free shipping over $30 event, and you can order the DelVE square through them too, possibly avoiding shipping cost under their promotion.

Edwin Santos
02-19-2017, 3:20 PM

Something like that happened recently at a local tool store where Lie Nielsen was doing a demonstration. When the Lie Nielsen employee wasn't looking, apparently someone stole a plane. Hard to believe.

Jebediah Eckert
07-02-2017, 11:46 AM
When Van Huskey speaks, I also listen. Got back from vacation and had this waiting by the door. Can't wait to put it into service.........it will be the first square that I need to read the instruction manual for.

Dave Cav
07-23-2017, 12:54 AM
Woodpecker had a booth at AWFS this week and had a bunch of One Time tools they made on a special run, including dozens of Delve Squares. I snagged one....If you call Woodpecker direct they might still have some left.