PDA

View Full Version : Wixey Saw Fence Digital Readout $59.99 at Rockler

Michael Walton
01-27-2017, 2:06 PM
I've been watching for this thing to go below $80, but now $59.99 I can't not buy it! My Delta 34-444 is quickly becoming more expensive than just buying a new (old) table saw.

http://www.rockler.com/wixey-saw-fence-digital-readout

(Tried to post to the Deals forum, but it wouldn't let me.)

Ben Rivel
01-27-2017, 2:24 PM
Huh, definitely the best price I have seen on it, but I have read too many complaints over the years and around the net that it doesnt stay accurate. I wonder it this discount is because they are clearing them out for a new model.

Also free shipping over $35 code is currently: "V20241"

glenn bradley
01-27-2017, 2:33 PM
Been using one for years without issue so I don't know if there was a quality slip that is being corrected or not. Barry is very responsive so I would not hesitate to email them and simply ask.

The DRO is now just part of how I think about things I am going to do. I do live in a moderate climate with narrow humidity swings. I mention this because during what we call cold (35-40 degrees) the unit will not power up although this is a battery issue. If I put a room temperature battery in it begins to work immediately.

Ben Rivel
01-27-2017, 3:28 PM
Ah, alright, I picked one up, couldnt pass! lol Looks like its a bit tricky to install one on a SawStop PCS, but we'll see how creative I can get.

Michael Walton
01-27-2017, 3:32 PM
I assume there is a new model coming (hey I also bought last year's drill/driver from Milwaukee for $225). I still can't justify spending >$100 for this even if there are significant improvements. From what I've read people are generally pretty happy and given that my tablesaw is currently wedged together with parts from various years, the discount is suitable.

Mikail Khan
01-27-2017, 5:44 PM
I've had one for a few years. No issues.

Good price.

MK

Mike Nguyen
01-27-2017, 6:42 PM
I have the one with AAA battery installed my SawStop PCS for over 2 years with no problems at all.

John McClanahan
01-27-2017, 7:12 PM
I have the old style and the battery is always dead.

John

David J Blackburn
01-27-2017, 7:13 PM
I've had the same experience. I've got it on munger Ridgid contractors saw (which required some jerry-rigging to get it installed), but it basically works perfectly.

Definitely worth $60.

glenn bradley
01-27-2017, 9:52 PM
Ah, alright, I picked one up, couldnt pass! lol Looks like its a bit tricky to install one on a SawStop PCS, but we'll see how creative I can get.

Installation is very straight forward. Here it is on my previous Biesemeyer:

And here it is on the Saw Stop.

Obviously this is an older version but, the included hardware was more than enough for either installation. The readout just as to be positioned so that it can magnetically attach to the fence. As you can see in the pic, on the PCS it is lower than but, proud of the fence tube.

If more pics would be helpful I have no problem taking them and posting them here. I ran the readout on the right of the fence for the Bies and don't actually recall why I moved to the left of the fence on the SS. Maybe if I were standing in front of it I would remember but, I am away from the shop.

This version does use the CR2023 pancake battery. I too had trouble with the battery not lasting until I started buying Duracell's or Eveready's that were close to brand new (not a lot of shelf time on them). I now replace the battery about twice a year; it is seldom enough that I have to remember how to do it each time . . . wait . . . that could just be old age ;-)