PDA

View Full Version : Wall Mounted Media Console - Completed

Brian Holcombe
01-26-2017, 9:35 AM
Good morning! The wall mounted media console is now completed after the final stage, building a set of shelves held in place by moveable shelf pins. I hope that you will check out the post, and I look forward to your comments.

https://brianholcombewoodworker.com/2017/01/26/wall-mounted-media-console-final/

Prashun Patel
01-26-2017, 9:43 AM
Superb. Having made one of your cabinet designs, and having seen some of your creations in person, I can say, the pictures don't do the engineering and design to your pieces justice.

If one is impressed with your craftsmanship, they'd be blow away by your design sense.

Another wonderful build.

Chris Hachet
01-26-2017, 10:05 AM
I am a sucker for walnut and modern design, and you just nailed this in every way possible (pun not intended.) Doing a lot of home-owner-ish stuff woodworking wise, building cabinet doors and drawer fronts for a neighbor, doing some hardwood flooring for a friend, building another workbench for myself. etc.

This is very inspiring in terms of getting me back to the bench to do some fine hand tool woodworking!

Thanks for posting this Brian.

Regards,

Chris

Robert Hazelwood
01-26-2017, 10:56 AM
That is a pretty intense shelf- I think it's safe to say that panel's going nowhere :)

Love this piece, Brian. Your attention to material selection really pays off visually on this sort of design.

Thanks for sharing

Brian Holcombe
01-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Superb. Having made one of your cabinet designs, and having seen some of your creations in person, I can say, the pictures don't do the engineering and design to your pieces justice.

If one is impressed with your craftsmanship, they'd be blow away by your design sense.

Another wonderful build.

Thanks Prashun! You know my craziness first hand, haha. Much appreciated!

I am a sucker for walnut and modern design, and you just nailed this in every way possible (pun not intended.) Doing a lot of home-owner-ish stuff woodworking wise, building cabinet doors and drawer fronts for a neighbor, doing some hardwood flooring for a friend, building another workbench for myself. etc.

This is very inspiring in terms of getting me back to the bench to do some fine hand tool woodworking!

Thanks for posting this Brian.

Regards,

Chris

Glad to hear that you find it inspirational! I enjoy having a break from each thing, sometimes breaking from cabinet work for home owner work is nice and vice versa.

That is a pretty intense shelf- I think it's safe to say that panel's going nowhere :)

Love this piece, Brian. Your attention to material selection really pays off visually on this sort of design.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks Robert! Sometimes I just can't resist going wild, I had originally planned solid shelves houses in dados, which would have been fine, but the temptation was too great to try something else entirely.

Thank you for taking notice of the efforts made in material selection. It is often a chore with walnut, but always well with the effort.

Christopher Charles
01-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Hello Brian,

Thanks for posting as always and I'll simply echo the above comments on both design and execution!

C

William Fretwell
01-26-2017, 3:31 PM
Brian, the last few pictures seem to capture the colours and the quality comes through. I see you cut those holes in the back for the wires at last!
Simply elegant at a glance but invites any scrutiny!

Pat Barry
01-26-2017, 3:49 PM
Love it. Very well done. Do you know what exactly is going into the cabinet electronics wise?

Jerry Olexa
01-26-2017, 3:55 PM
Excellent results!!! Love the walnut look,,,,,Thanks

Brian Holcombe
01-26-2017, 8:10 PM
Hello Brian,

Thanks for posting as always and I'll simply echo the above comments on both design and execution!

C

Thank you for following along with the build! Much appreciated!

Brian, the last few pictures seem to capture the colours and the quality comes through. I see you cut those holes in the back for the wires at last!
Simply elegant at a glance but invites any scrutiny!

Thank you William! Not so much cut holes, as framed them out :p

Love it. Very well done. Do you know what exactly is going into the cabinet electronics wise?

Yeah, it's a pretty light load with just some basic TV equipment. Luckily I own much of the same equipment so I've been planning around that.

Excellent results!!! Love the walnut look,,,,,Thanks

Thanks Jerry!

David Eisenhauer
01-26-2017, 8:52 PM
Thanks for posting the photos with the constructions details, always good stuff. Definitely well done.

Brian Holcombe
01-26-2017, 9:26 PM
Thanks David!

Stewie Simpson
01-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Very nice work Brian. Keep in mind you will need to lightly abrade the surface once you exceed 24hrs of applying the previous coat of shellac.

regards Stewie;

Brian Holcombe
01-27-2017, 8:19 AM
Thanks Stewie, appreciate the tip! Most often if I get the surface just right, I leave it be as I like when the gloss tones down after some time. Occasionally I can't help myself and I apply a bit more.

Adam Herman
01-27-2017, 4:16 PM
Always in awe of your design work!

Maybe i missed it, but what is the plan for hanging it? a french cleat? and will you be setting it off the wall a small distance for passage of the wires up to the TV?