PDA

View Full Version : reverse gloat(little wizard)

Walt Quadrato
06-20-2003, 9:16 AM
this is a reverse gloat for me but it may be a potential gloat for some of you. A month back I used part of a Sears gift card to buy a Little Wizard for what I thought was a great price of $14.95...still got some of the card left so I droped by the local sears to look....the Little Wizard is now on sale for $6.99...if any of you wanted to try this thing(actually works pretty darn good). not affiliated blah blah etc. A day early and a dollar too much.;)

Jim Becker
06-20-2003, 9:42 AM
You can still gloat about your $14.95 price. Many of us paid $19.95 for ours when we bought them! :D

Jason Roehl
06-20-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm there!!!

Dan Bussiere
06-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Sorry guys, Now I'll show my stupidity, what is a Little Wizard? I put it in the search at Sears.Com and get Harry Potter stuff. Either I am getting the wrong stuff or you guys need to grow up! (Joking). Anyway, what is it?
Dan

Jim Becker
06-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Dan Bussiere
Sorry guys, Now I'll show my stupidity, what is a Little Wizard? I put it in the search at Sears.Com and get Harry Potter stuff. Either I am getting the wrong stuff or you guys need to grow up! (Joking). Anyway, what is it?
Dan

LOL! The Little Wizard is a small metal detector for shop use.

Dan Bussiere
06-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks Jim,
Now I'll go crawl back under my rock!
Dan

Scott Coffelt
06-20-2003, 1:43 PM
the store in KC did not have them for as cheap, but at $9.97 it was still a buy. Been thinking about one of these for awhile. Thanks for the tip. That is two great savings tips this week. The other was the lights at Lowe's.

I love saving money spending for the shop.

Dennis Peacock
06-20-2003, 2:07 PM
quote: "I love saving money spending for the shop."

So how does one SAVE money whilst they are SPENDING money? Is that like LOML going shopping and says:

I only spent $647.53 today while I was out shopping. There were SALES every where and I SAVED $51 due to all the SALES..!!!!

I have never figured out the reasoning behind spending almost $650 to save $51..........At least the math and reasoning just don't work out where I come from... :)

Dave Arbuckle
06-20-2003, 2:13 PM
So how does one SAVE money whilst they are SPENDING money? Is that like LOML going shopping....

It isn't the same unless she is buying tools..... ;)

Dave

Scott Coffelt
06-20-2003, 2:23 PM
It is much like that, but we guys have a special rule with tools. Since he who dies with the most wins, we figure we will spend the money at some time for it, so if one can do it for less then he has saved money while fulfilling a need.

Also, since I needed the new lights by buying them at $30 per light less, I saved money versus what I had planned to spend. I also needed a metal detector so getting it 1/2 price, again I saved money.

Where as, women buying cloths and shoes because they are on sale and really have no need other than the fact they are on sale and every woman needs at least 6 different style of each color..... not an apples to apples comparison.

Clear?????

Walt Quadrato
06-20-2003, 3:54 PM
shoes...bandsaw baldes..yeah, I can see the correlation. :p . I think I've saved a bundle over the years..but I've spent a bigger bundle to do it.:confused:

Jason Roehl
06-20-2003, 4:44 PM
Now I'm bummed...I went to Sears this morning, hoping to find said Little Wizard for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately, there were two of them for $14.97, and both had been opened and tape/stapled shut. No dice. But that's okay...I found other ways to spend money today.

Walt Quadrato
06-20-2003, 6:02 PM
I'm in Connecticut and our local store(Waterbury) has about 6 of them...have them check the price at the register. I remember my Bessy's were regular priced until they rang them up..