PDA

View Full Version : job control question

TAMI WILSON
01-25-2017, 6:10 PM
ok so i have the rotary on and it is showing as such in job control. Where i am running into a problem is when i send a job to engrave it doesn't show up.

i try to send it again and i get a message telling me I can only send one. it is like it is there but i can's see it.

Anyone else have this problem. it is probably just a simple setting i am missing.

thanks
tami

Mike Null
01-25-2017, 6:36 PM
Have you checked on the JC screen the Settings menu, then options, accessories-choose rotary attachment, set the diameter, click apply, ok.

Under the jobs window check show--that will show resolutions other than what was previously in the window.

Your drawing should appear. Check it to be sure it's in the right position and move it to the laser.

TAMI WILSON
01-25-2017, 8:22 PM
Have you checked on the JC screen the Settings menu, then options, accessories-choose rotary attachment, set the diameter, click apply, ok.

Under the jobs window check show--that will show resolutions other than what was previously in the window.

Your drawing should appear. Check it to be sure it's in the right position and move it to the laser.

Thanks Mike, that was the problem. I am still having an issue with a design that is supposed to be round coming out a bit oval. any thoughts??

Mike Null
01-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Sometimes it's an illusion due to the shape of the object. Measure the actual height and width dimensions as they are on the engraved object to be sure. Double check your diameter settings both in JC and the setting I described earlier. Be precise when you measure and set the diameter.

If you've done everything right and the drawing is still oval try adjusting the width in the Corel drawing.

Scott Shepherd
01-26-2017, 7:58 AM
Thanks Mike, that was the problem. I am still having an issue with a design that is supposed to be round coming out a bit oval. any thoughts??

What Mike said. A round circle (especially larger diameters) will not look round when engraving around an object. You can easily fix that by going into Corel and making it a little wider than tall. It will look wrong on the screen but look correct on the item. As an example, a 2 3/4" circle needs to be about 1/4 wider than tall to make it look right.

Kev Williams
01-26-2017, 1:23 PM
It's all in what your eyes see once the image is bent around a radius--

I traced one of my loupes, it's 1.375" diameter--
then I rolled the paper into about a 1" tube-
same circle but the visual difference is fairly drastic--