PDA

View Full Version : Osmo Polyx Oil - WOW. just WOW!!!!

Charlie Fox
01-25-2017, 3:13 PM
i just applied 2 coats of this miracle-cure to the bottom of "Slabzilla" - an 8.5' by 4' by 2.25" 250 lb slab of pecan. i prepared a test panel on the bottom sanding to 150, 240, 400, 1000, and 1500. (i'll explain why i went to 1000 and 1500 later). waited 24 hours between coats, it is only 24% humidity and about 72 degF right now so i just waited an hour after coat #2 since it felt very dry and ready for use. I then poured red wine and water across the panel and waited for 30 minutes - there were places (highs) where the wine evaporated and others where it pooled - this is bottom afterall and no where near pool-table flat.

after 30 minutes it wiped up like it had been poured on glass. I took video of the whole process as well.

I can say this stuff is everything Joe Adams from the forum here and the manufacturers as well as the distributor in Austin where I bought cracked it up to be. Thank you Joe for your help, and if you are in Austin patronize "Eco-Wise" - they are the only Texas dealer and were extremely helpful as well.

this stuff is truly a game changer. when i think of all the trials and tribulations i have gone through with finishing this is truly a miracle.