PDA

View Full Version : A 'new' respirator for woodturners?

Glen Blanchard
01-23-2017, 7:02 PM
Well, I'm not so sure how new they are, but I have only recently learned of them. In Tim Yoder's most recent video he mentions the RZ Mask. It looked interesting so I found their website and checked them out. Filtering ability is down to .1 micron @ 99.9% efficacy and they claim it works well with beards.

I'm curious - anyone using one of these?

Dwight Rutherford
01-23-2017, 10:28 PM
I bought one about six months ago. I have a beard and wear glasses. Didn't think it fit well around my beard and interfered with my glasses , the nose piece came up too high and pushed my glasses up and I lost focus. Gave it away.

Paul Kennedy
01-24-2017, 8:55 AM
I also have one and more importantly I use it. The fit is comfortable for me. It does an excellent job of filtering the air I breathe in my dusty shop. I do recommend the RZ mask. Pkennedy

Ted Baxter
01-24-2017, 9:14 AM
I have been using one for about a month, It does a good job and is not unconfortable. But as another poster said it does interfer with my glasses but I use it because the dust is a real issue for me. I guess everything is a compromise.

Randy Red Bemont
01-24-2017, 9:38 AM
I have not used these but will order one at some point. They look good and I like the filtration they provide.

Red

Joe Bradshaw
01-24-2017, 9:44 AM
I have one and I use it. It works well and does not bother my glasses to much. I do a lot of power carving of spoons. With the Rz mask and a face shield, I am pretty much covered.
Joe

Ralph Lindberg
01-24-2017, 1:27 PM
I bought one about six months ago. I have a beard and wear glasses. Didn't think it fit well around my beard and interfered with my glasses , the nose piece came up too high and pushed my glasses up and I lost focus. Gave it away.

Looking at how they fit beards would be my concern, most masks that fit that way don't work well with beards

Wayne Lomman
01-26-2017, 5:14 AM
Claim that a face contact mask works with beards is suspect. That doesn't sit well with current workplace regulations that I am aware of. They come in funky colours and styles though so they must be good... Cheers