PDA

View Full Version : Considering purchase of Ray Fine RF-7050-CO2-60W

Lyle Cheredaryk
01-23-2017, 11:20 AM
This is my first post on this forum.
I am considering the purchase of a new RF-7050-CO2-60W from China. Seems like there is a lot of good things being said about this company here. A much better price than what I have found in Canada so far anyway.
I am new to this whole laser thing but have a habit of diving in to things and learning as I go. It will be used for small projects at home and am thinking on maybe the 80w upgrade on it as well.
Does anyone have this model? rayfinetech.com/product/product57.html
What are the pros and cons you have found with it?

Kev Williams
01-23-2017, 11:51 AM
No experience with Ray Fine myself, but I do have experience with an 80 watt glass laser-- don't even think about it, pass on the 60w, get the 80w. :)

Bert Kemp
01-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Theres a few here with Rayfine and they seem to be happy with them. I'm sure Dave Somers will tell you anything you need to know about them including all the importing stuff as He's done all that.

David Somers
01-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Lyle,

running out the door so need to be brief. 1st. feel free to PM me. Will try to answer when back tonight. 2nd. Very pleased with Ray Fine and its products (I have two, listed below in my signature) and with their sales person, Blanca Yan. (yanblanca@yahoo.com) They have been very good to work with. Lastly. Be aware Chinese holidays are very different from ours. Chinese New Years is this weekend. Not sure off the top of my head how long it will be celebrated. But often their holidays result in shutting down most businesses for extended periods. If interested, contact Blanca now or be prepared to wait till they are done with the coming holiday. Just a thought.

Back home later this evening.

Dave

Lyle Cheredaryk
01-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Thank you Dave. I am aware of their New Year Holidays. It seems to me it's a three day thing. Until Feb. 2 if I recall

Doug Fisher
01-23-2017, 1:27 PM
I agree with others that if the upgrade price is reasonable AND you are getting a quality tube (Reci, EFR, etc.), go with the 80w. I would find out how much it would save to delete the 3000 chiller and also how much to upgrade to the 5000 chiller, then compare that to buying the 5000 on its own elsewhere. The 3000 is a bad investment.

>>0-20 mm acrylic (others determined by materials)<<
I would love to see a 60W in action tackling 20 mm thick acrylic!

John Noell
01-23-2017, 3:29 PM
Uhh, no you wouldn't. You'd either grow old waiting for it to finish or you would be watching a fire. :) :)

John Lifer
01-23-2017, 4:13 PM
Hi Lyle, I've had mine since mid December, and the holidays are Jan 27-Feb 2, a bit longer than three days.
Do a search on me and you will find a couple of posts about my experience. Overall decent and what I expected from Blanca and Ray Fine.
Wasn't too thrilled with the import broker/US shipper, but it got here.
YES, it probably is about a $100 upcharge on the CW5000 chiller, get it or the CW5200 which is a bit heavier duty and probably just a bit more. I've and 80w and so far I think the 5000 will be fine.
The 3000 is just a radiator with fan. Fergitit!

YES, get the 80W. You will probably find you will need the extra power. Get a rotary if you think you will use it, much cheaper than buying later. And also any extra lens/mirrors and potential spare parts.
I just bought a couple of lens and mirrors and replacement belts. Some get a stepper motor or even power supply or controller, but if it is home use, you can wait for replacement. So far they have been good with warranty replacements.
I've only had a minor item, others I do know have had power supply issue and they've shipped replacement. I think Ray Fine is decent Chinese company. For what that's worth......
Dave will send you another message, he's dealt with them longer and twice at least now. BTW, there are at least two Canadians that have or in process of buying one from them.

Lyle Cheredaryk
01-23-2017, 6:26 PM
John, thanks for the reply. Yes the holiday is a bit longer than the 3 days, looks like it is officially 7 days. My mistake.
The upgraded chiller does make sense and will save me the bother of building one myself. If I wanted just a rad and fan setup, I have those parts on a shelf already and can throw it together quickly. Wouldn't be as pretty though.
I am still waiting to hear a couple of other quotes before I decide on a supplier.

John Noell
01-23-2017, 8:47 PM
FWIW, I am very happy with my Longtai. It has a number of small improvements over the Shenhui I had. It was a tough choice for me between RayFine (Blanca) and Longtai (Yarde). Both used to work for Shenhui and have a lot of experience and knowledge.

Bert Kemp
01-23-2017, 9:32 PM
I can't seem to delete this sorry

I agree with others that if the upgrade price is reasonable AND you are getting a quality tube (Reci, EFR, etc.), go with the 80w. I would find out how much it would save to delete the 3000 chiller and also how much to upgrade to the 5000 chiller, then compare that to buying the 5000 on its own elsewhere. The 3000 is a bad investment.

>>0-20 mm acrylic (others determined by materials)<<

Kev Williams
01-23-2017, 9:52 PM
I was going to send my not-needed galvo scan head back to Triumph a couple of weeks ago, but according to Yolanda I should wait because the "Spring Festive Holiday" starts on the 20th, and they won't be back to work until Monday Feb 6, so I'm assuming it ends the 5th :)

Brian Book
01-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Hi Lyle .... I am one of the Canadians that ordered a Ray Fine and hope to pick it up this Friday :) .... but I ended up buying the 6040 with 80w and a Rotary and CW5000 chiller ,,,, shop is getting too small or I would have ordered the larger one.

Blanca is great to deal with .... and she can be quite helpful:)

Brian

Erik Goetheer
01-24-2017, 6:13 PM
Hi Lyle,

I'm not Canadian, but a soon to be Dutch owner of a 6090 RayFine laser machine (the ship with my machine will reach Rotterdam port on January 30th). I did a lot of research here and on other places so that I could draw up the best suitable configuration for my needs and I believe, as everyone else above, that an 80W would be a better option than 60W. Also because these machines and lasertubes can last a long time and once you get the hang of it ....

Until now I am very pleased with the communication with Rayfine, through Blanca, she always responds fast with good info, details and pictures. However, I have the same feeling about Longtai and in the end both machines seemed equally fine to me, technically and pricewise.

Don't save money on spares, they are always a good thing to have at hand.

Daniel Norman
01-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Hi Lyle,
I have been communicating with Ray Fine also and am on hold until February 2nd. I am looking at the RF-1390-CO2-100W and am very close to pulling the trigger. I am wondering where you are located? It may be worth while to compare notes around suppliers, shippers, ... Send me a message if you are interested.
Dan