PDA

View Full Version : Sources for bamboo plywood in south-central Pa.?

William Adams
01-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Willing to drive a bit --- would like to buy a couple of 4x8 or 4x6 sheets w/o paying ~$167 for s/h.

Bryan Lisowski
01-23-2017, 12:07 PM
There is a place in Reading, Industrial Plywood. I'm sure anywhere will be fairly expensive.

William Adams
01-23-2017, 12:18 PM
And they have a location in Lewistown, scarcely an hour's drive, and along the way when visiting my mother-in-law. Perfect! Thanks!

Rick Moyer
01-23-2017, 4:54 PM
William, I have been to the Lewistown location. It is basically a warehouse with a small recep/office space. you might have to walk into the warehouse to find someone to help you. I was satisfied with the material I purchased there.

Jim Becker
01-23-2017, 8:11 PM
Industrial Plywood also delivers for a reasonable $25 or so cost...I buy my sheet goods from them. It's not practical to just buy a couple sheets of cheaper material, but if you're buying nice cabinet grade veneer plywood, it pays. I usually add a sheet or two of "utility material" to an order, too, such as some birch or maple plywood to use across multiple projects. They generally deliver to my area two days per week, so I work things out such that it works with my business travel schedule when I need material.

Anthony Albano
01-23-2017, 8:16 PM
Also check Russell Plywood

William Adams
01-23-2017, 8:44 PM
Thanks! That's a very reasonable charge --- apparently they don't stock the bamboo in Lewistown (per Rick's comment) but I can call ahead and they'll arrange for it to be there. Still trying to get things lined up for this --- need to finish up some projects and clear out some more space in the basement, and I guess work up a storage area. Hopefully I'll be buying in the next month or two.

Michael Koons
01-24-2017, 8:21 AM
Industrial Plywood also delivers for a reasonable $25 or so cost...I buy my sheet goods from them. It's not practical to just buy a couple sheets of cheaper material, but if you're buying nice cabinet grade veneer plywood, it pays. I usually add a sheet or two of "utility material" to an order, too, such as some birch or maple plywood to use across multiple projects. They generally deliver to my area two days per week, so I work things out such that it works with my business travel schedule when I need material.

Jim, This goes for just a few sheets? I'm in Delaware County and need a sheet of Mahogany for an upcoming project. Would probably do what you do is add a couple of sheets of baltic birch. Would beat a trip to Reading just for a few sheets of plywood.

Jim Becker
01-24-2017, 10:42 AM
Yes, Michael...flat rate, AFAIK. Nice folks, too.

Jay Aubuchon
01-24-2017, 11:21 PM
From their web page:

Delivery: There is a $11.50 fuel surcharge for all purchases of $300 or more. There will be a $25 delivery charge for all orders under $300.

MD & NJ: $20.00 fuel surcharge for all purchases of $400 or more.
MD & NJ: $30 delivery charge for all orders under $400.
To assure delivery on designated days, orders must be placed prior to 1:00 p.m. on the previous work day. Please contact us for available delivery zones.

Rick Moyer
01-25-2017, 5:54 AM
Thanks! That's a very reasonable charge --- apparently they don't stock the bamboo in Lewistown (per Rick's comment) but I can call ahead and they'll arrange for it to be there. Still trying to get things lined up for this --- need to finish up some projects and clear out some more space in the basement, and I guess work up a storage area. Hopefully I'll be buying in the next month or two.
I don't think I said they didn't stock bamboo, I have no idea if they do or not; unless you meant something else by your comment.

William Adams
01-25-2017, 8:04 AM
I meant that they don't stock the bamboo which I want in their Lewistown location (which is just a warehouse, as described/mentioned by Rick, not a showroom or store with compleat inventory), but if I call ahead, they will send it from their Reading and it will be waiting there for me to pick up.