PDA

View Full Version : McNaughton center saver with Bosch visualizer?

Dave Rudy
01-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Has anyone combined these two? I'd like to know what parts, etc. are required.

Thanks.

Dave

Richard Casey
01-22-2017, 4:53 AM
Hi Dave,
I have one of the first model McNaughton systems and I use it quite a bit since I got my Laguna 24/36 as it has the power it requires but its hard to steer unguided. I am currently making up a laser guide like on the Monster hollowing tool but I am about 2 weeks away from finishing it. I will post a photo when its finished. I have to use a crossline laser as we cant import powerfull dot lasers downunder.
Rgds,
Tichard.

David M Peters
01-22-2017, 11:10 AM
I had the same idea Dave, it seems like a reasonable thing to try out with a cheap camera + monitor. I just placed an order for a McNaughton system but passed on the $108 laser mount as it seems like something I could make myself. I'll likely try a camera setup on my homemade arm.

Reed Gray
01-22-2017, 1:01 PM
I did find a laser pointer on my McNaughton to be handy, though I don't use it any more. If you have any type of laser system for hollowing, it should be easily adaptable. Monster used to make an adapter for the McNaughton. I do have the original laser set up that McNaughton made, but adapted it from pictures shown in the Craft Supplies catalog. It mounts with the same screws that tighten up the blade. The catalog shows it mounted on the top of the handle, and it is supposed to mount on the side. I had it welded onto the handle. I do use the laser for hand hollowing, which is my 'roughing' on the few hollow forms that I do. I think I show it in my McNaughton coring video.

robo hippy