PDA

View Full Version : need room to move around in shop

Jim Evatt
01-21-2017, 11:39 PM
I bought a bunch of wood turning blanks and a lot of mahogany. I stacked it along the walls, and don't have enough room to work. I hooked my tractor to the work table in the middle of the floor and drug it outside and behind a wooden fence beside the shop. I have moved machines into the middle of the shop where the table was, and moved some cabinets and other equipment around to where I can now walk. I have wound up with a couple of big barrels of mahogany cutoffs that are right in my way. I offered my next door neighbor all the cutoffs he wants but after a month of waiting on him, I want to get rid of them. If I was making small crafts, I would be tickled to get them, but they are getting in my way. I really hate to burn them, but anybody got any suggestions with what to do with them rather than burn them? Anybody live near enough to pick them up would be welcome to. I live between Anderson and Greenville, S.C.

Andy Giddings
01-22-2017, 1:20 AM
You might want to try posting in classifieds forum, Jim, even though this is a freebie

Brian Tymchak
01-22-2017, 2:38 PM
There must be a wood workers club of some sort near by that you could donate to. Ask your local woodworking store or look online.

andy bessette
01-22-2017, 5:59 PM
Package them in flat rate boxes, even if you have to cut them up, and sell them on eBay at Buy It Now prices, say $20/box.

Jim Andrew
01-22-2017, 10:10 PM
This story sounds like mine before I built an addition onto my shop.