PDA

View Full Version : I've put on some weight...

Herv Peairs
01-18-2017, 2:23 PM

I'm building my first official workbench on my kids' old workbench. Planing tends to move the bench around a bit, sometimes quite a bit. I know I've used an old trick, but how often does the added weight exceed the weight of the workbench? I think it probably does here -- added weight = 210 lbs.

BTW, I don't lift weights, those are ones my son left when he moved out and has been dragging his feet on getting rid of. If 210 isn't enough there's another 500 lbs or so gathering dust.

Herv

Chris Hachet
01-18-2017, 2:28 PM

I'm building my first official workbench on my kids' old workbench. Planing tends to move the bench around a bit, sometimes quite a bit. I know I've used an old trick, but how often does the added weight exceed the weight of the workbench? I think it probably does here -- added weight = 210 lbs.

BTW, I don't lift weights, those are ones my son left when he moved out and has been dragging his feet on getting rid of. If 210 isn't enough there's another 500 lbs or so gathering dust.

HervMight have to "steel" your idea, this gives a whole new meaning to the word Bench Press!

Chris Hachet
01-18-2017, 2:29 PM
Might have to "steel" your idea, this gives a whole new meaning to the word Bench Press!

...and a little plain iron to go with the plane iron....

Jim Koepke
01-18-2017, 3:17 PM
My weight is a 5 gallon bucket full of concrete.

jtk