PDA

View Full Version : Confetti Bowl

Jim Ketron
10-11-2005, 7:18 PM
This will be my display Confetti Lamp at the show, It will be for sale and I will have it lit up so everyone can see how they work.(depending how windy it is) This one will have a nice price tag compared to the other confetti lamps since its also a Bowl. I will be making more of these soon, as I like the looks of it and I will see how much responce it has with the Ladies.
It measures 7 3/4" X 2 1/2"
(I guess we have thumbnails now click on image for a better look)

Ed Lang
10-11-2005, 7:22 PM
Fantastic!:)

Dick Parr
10-11-2005, 7:33 PM
I like this one Jim, great job.

Mark Cothren
10-11-2005, 8:46 PM
Makes me wanna smell it... and I don't even like poop-a-ree...:D

Very nice, again!

Thanks for the picture!

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-11-2005, 8:51 PM
Thanks for the inspiring post. I've done several bowls with posts in them , but didn't really know what to do with them. Now, if you don't mind, I do. Just one question. Where do you get the "confetti lamps?"

Bruce

Keith Burns
10-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Great idea ! Nice looking bowl/lamp. I'm sure it will be a hit with the ladies:)

John Hart
10-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Beautiful piece Jim and a very nice picture. I do have a dumb question....Why are they called Confetti Lamps?

Ernie Nyvall
10-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Great idea Jim. It looks very nice as your cherry and box elder do. I hope you get pictures of your booth with all you've been doing. Well actually I mean you have to take pictures or there will be some upset SMCers.

Ernie

Michael Stafford
10-12-2005, 6:01 AM
I think this design offers lots of decorating possibilities for the ladies. You could put items associated with specific holiday seasons in the bowl. Halloween-fill it with candy corn, Christmas- greenery and berries to show the color of the season and so forth.....Nice!:cool: :)

woodproj
10-12-2005, 7:42 AM
Very Nice!:D I have made many confetti lights in the past, but never in bowl. I showed it to my wife, now I have another project on Her list.... Thanks for sharing.:)

Jim
AKA Woodproj

Mark Patoka
10-12-2005, 8:17 AM
Very neat idea. I'm adding something like this to my "That would make a nice Christmas gift" list.

Justin Peters
10-13-2005, 1:54 PM
Thanks for the inspiring post. I've done several bowls with posts in them , but didn't really know what to do with them. Now, if you don't mind, I do. Just one question. Where do you get the "confetti lamps?"

Bruce

I've seen them advertised in "the woodturners catalog".

Bill Embrey
10-13-2005, 2:49 PM

Bruce

Bruce,

After seeing Jim's post with the confetti lamps, I started looking for the lamps also. I found them for $0.99 each from Lamplightfarms.com. I ordered 10 of them on 10/3 and they were delivered on 10/11. It seems as though the web site is under reconstruction at the moment, can hit the front page, but there is no continuing link to the lamplights pages.

Jim.... absolutely beautiful work and very inspiring.. thanx

Bill (in OK)

Pat Monahan
10-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Jim
Very nice! I showed the pics to the LOML, she thought they were really neat, thought they would sell well (yes, she is a serious crafter). She had a couple suggestions - as a variation on your design, instead of a lamp, a country candle lamp could be substituted (thats a small light bulb in a holder, the whole works being about six inches tall). Apparently anything with a country candle lamp is the "in" thing on some of the craft forums LOML is on. You may want to check out some candle supply/essence oil sites for the potpuorri (sp?) - one she gave me is Bittercreek Candle Supply at http://www.candlesupply.com and in their scent list is some info which is summarized:
Some fragrance oils that may be mixed in with some potpourri may become flammable when exposed to a heat source higher than their flash point properties. This is why some fragrance oils cannot be shipped via air mail.
Something I didn't know.

Flaming potpourri would be a drag at a show....
Hope your shows go well
Pat