PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Problem

Dave Strickler
10-11-2005, 7:11 PM
Hello m' friends,

I have been trying to powerclip a Photograved rectangular bitmap into an oval in CorelDraw. When I do, it looks fine and I can't see the parts of the rectangle outside of the oval, but when I send it to the laser, it engraves the entire rectangle. I have done the same thing many times without any problem, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to work for me now. It's driving me crazy! ( Not a very long drive I know)

Any suggestions?

Gary Shoemake
10-11-2005, 7:29 PM
Try processing the picture and powerclipping before you send it to photograv. I've done it that way and get nice results.

Jerry Allen
10-12-2005, 8:04 PM
Dave,
Try this:
1) go to the Tool Menu/Options/Global/Printing/Driver Compatibilty
2) Select your laser's driver from the Printer dropdown
3) set Use software clipping for fills to Checked(on)

Roy Brewer
10-13-2005, 1:18 AM
I have been trying to powerclip a Photograved rectangular bitmap into an oval in CorelDraw.

<!--StartFragment -->Dave,

Knowing that both of the solutions already offered will probably satisfy your requirements, I suspect you are already through with this. Nevertheless, another possibly superior "oval" would be to use the vignette effect [ w/photo selected Bitmaps>Creative>Vignette...]

While there are several reasons you may really need a Powerclip, this is simpler and offers several truly unique effects.

Dave Strickler
10-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Thank you all,

I ended up using the vignette feature, but I am, also going to try Jerry's suggestion because as Roy said, there are times I will need to powerclip.