PDA

View Full Version : Need stanley no 98 plane blade.

james watts
10-11-2005, 3:58 PM
I am looking to buy a stanley blade for a stanley no 98 plane. If you have one for sell please let me know how much and pictures of blade. makita@preferred.com:D :D :D :D

Leif Hanson
10-11-2005, 4:15 PM
I don't know if new interests you or not, but the St. James Bay Tool Co. sell new blades for a 98, reasonably priced:

http://www.stjamesbaytoolco.com/

Follow the links to "Tools" then "Stanley Reproduction Replacement Parts" and you'll find it about 1/2 way down the page.

Leif

james watts
10-11-2005, 6:39 PM
I appreciate you telling me abought the new blades if I can't find a original then I might buy a repro one. Thank's again
makita@preferred.com:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

James Mittlefehldt
10-13-2005, 5:48 AM
Actually coorect me if I am wrong but doesn't Lie-Nielson make reproduction blades as well as their own version, for 98's?

Mike Wenzloff
10-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi James, I wish you luck. If you take long enough, you may find one--seems to be true of about anything.

Problem I see that could stretch out the look is that these planes don't suffer too much abuse and so finding spare parts may not be easy.

If it is a user plane and you have difficulty in finding a vintage one, you could opt at some point for a blade from a contemporary maker and continue to look for an original and at that point swap it out.

Mike

Roger Bell
10-21-2005, 8:44 PM
You might try Pete Neiderberger.....he deals in original Stanley parts. He might also be able to suggest others.

pniederber@aol.com

415 924 8403