PDA

View Full Version : New SS PCS with ICS Base- problems with the saw cabinet sliding

Nathan Moore
01-15-2017, 3:52 PM
All,

My wife bought me a SS 3HP PCS for Christmas after hearing me talk about them for nearly a year (primary reason was she just didn't want to hear about it any more, I think!). Also got an ICS Mobile base for the saw. I have it all assembled, ran electrical for it, etc. and all is well except for how the saw and base mate up. There are 2 small self-tapping sheet metal screws that hold 2 tiny legs to connect the saw cabinet to the base that I have installed per the directions. Problem is- the saw cabinet slides about an inch sideways, back and forth depending upon where I am pushing or pulling the saw. Seems like it should be much sturdier than that and "locked into" the base better. Has any one else had this problem and if so, how did you solve it? I am wondering if I need to make custom brackets that are more substantial to connect the saw cabinet to the base, etc. but the thought of having to do that given what we paid for the saw is a head scratcher.

Thank you for your help!

Al Bacon
01-15-2017, 4:18 PM
Nathan

Are you pumping it up high enough for it to completely clear the floor? It takes about 5 pumps with mine and it rolls very easily.
Are you sure to mounted the conversion kit correctly? The ssaw should not be on the floor at all. It should be sitting on the base.

Al

Nathan Moore
01-15-2017, 4:26 PM
Al, thank you for your reply. What I meant when I said it slides a little bit is the bottom of the cabinet slides a little bit on the 2 metal straps that create the cradle of the mobile base. The problem isn't moving the saw around on the floor, it doesn't hit or drag anywhere on the floor. The problem is the same when I drop the saw/ base all the way down and it is sitting still (ready for cutting)- I think the finish on the metal cradle and metal cabinet are slick enough that they slide against each other and the 2 tiny little "legs" that connect the PCS to the ICS base just aren't substantial enough to bolt the saw cabinet to the base and prevent all movement between the two pieces. I followed the instructions precisely and have even gone back to be sure I did not miss anything.

It seems like either the cabinet needs to be bolted to the base in more than 2 places (with small sheet metal screws, mind you) or the 2 metal cradle straps need some rubber gripping material on them so that when the cabinet sits on them it sticks in place...

Al Bacon
01-15-2017, 5:05 PM
And you mounted the PCS conversion kit correctly? I ask because mine does not move in the cradle either when lifted or on the floor. Yours shouldn't either. Especially when raised because it moves so easily.

Al

Nathan Moore
01-15-2017, 9:30 PM
And you mounted the PCS conversion kit correctly? I ask because mine does not move in the cradle either when lifted or on the floor. Yours shouldn't either. Especially when raised because it moves so easily.

Al

Yes sir, I did. I triple checked. The movement is not substantial, maybe an inch or less, but it does slide slightly inside of the cradle. Al, did your cabinet get secured to the mobile base with anything other than the two small metal straps (maybe 1" wide by 5" long) and 1 small sheet metal screw per metal strap?

Frank Pratt
01-15-2017, 9:33 PM
Mine works fine. I seem to remember some grip strips the were to be stuck in there somewhere. Did you put those in? Could be wrong, it was a couple of years ago.

Edit: never mind, the grip pads went on the bottom of the metal straps. Call their service department, they are top notch & will be able to help you.