PDA

View Full Version : Yeti Mugs

Klaus Madsen
01-14-2017, 5:17 AM
Hi there

Is it correct that the Yeti mugs come with a lid with no slid to open and close, so it is always open???

Thanks
Klaus

Mike Null
01-14-2017, 7:15 AM
That is correct. They still work very well. Most of the other popular brands come with similar lids though optional closing lids are available at extra cost.

Klaus Madsen
01-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Hmmm, I just wonder why the make them like that?
I live in New Zealand and people already think they are too expensive and if they also have to buy another lid, then they will be impossible to sell.
Thanks for your answer by the way.

Doug Fisher
01-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Most of the time people prefer easy sipping versus having to flip up the tab when they want to drink. Rtic is just as good for a lot less and allows you to buy the tumbler and then the type of cap you want. Scroll all the way through the list. They have a section for bulk orders too.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/tumblers

Or you could buy direct from the people in China who build the tumblers for Rtic, Yeti, etc. The pricing is even better but you have to factor in shipping and fees plus find a reputable seller who will deliver quality.

Klaus Madsen
01-15-2017, 5:59 PM
Thanks for your answer Doug.

Ha ha you only have to flip the tap once then you can just leave it open, but it must definitely keep it cold or warm longer.

I just followed you link but I am in New Zealand and the don't sell International :(

I have been looking on both Alibaba and Aliexpress but haven't been able to find them cheaper.

Mike Null
01-16-2017, 8:39 AM
Klaus
With all due respect, I believe you may be seeing a problem where there is no problem.

Daniel Eaton
01-16-2017, 12:52 PM
If you are looking for a cheap yeti-type mug that comes with a closing lid, the Member's Mark tumblers (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/2pk-30oz-tumblers/prod20081190.ip) from Sam's Club are my favorite for that very reason. You can get them in a two-pack for $20 and they even come in colors.

Doug Fisher
01-16-2017, 1:18 PM
Thanks for posting that, Daniel.