PDA

View Full Version : speedy 300 rotary

TAMI WILSON
01-13-2017, 4:45 PM
Finally got my rotary and i am confused already. the instructions tell me to put the motor part on the left side of the table. This does not seem right to me.
anyone with a 300 and a rotary care to share a picture of your installation of the rotary. Seems to me the motor should be on the right side otherwise i
am going to engrave right over my power cord. that can't be good. :eek::eek::eek:

ok, just found this pic online and the motor is clearly on the right. The instructions Trotec sent me say " The (golden) motor of the rotary attachment should be on the left side" UGH!!

Kev Williams
01-13-2017, 5:28 PM
you can't engrave your power cord if you're engraving something in the rotary :)

And assuming the cord is laying on the table (like both of mine) it'll never be in focus anyway.

Finally, the table should automatically drop to keep the rotary lower than than the laser head too...

TAMI WILSON
01-13-2017, 5:45 PM
you can't engrave your power cord if you're engraving something in the rotary :)

And assuming the cord is laying on the table (like both of mine) it'll never be in focus anyway.

Finally, the table should automatically drop to keep the rotary lower than than the laser head too...

Yes Kev, but i still think the instructions are screwy and the motor should be on the right. Guess i will wait till Monday and give Trotec a call.

Jeff Potts
01-13-2017, 8:56 PM
Your position is how we run ours and all seems to work fine.

Chris Bratton
01-13-2017, 10:38 PM
The picture is correct. The rotary only goes on one way. I didn't even get instructions with mine. It's really pretty obvious.

Kev Williams
01-13-2017, 10:59 PM
I had no idea of which end the driven end resides, but I will say it seems totally 'left handed' to me, for several reasons-- my 2 machines with rotary's have the motor/chuck/driven end on the left side, *nearly* all wood and metal lathes are driven from the left side, and *nearly* all X-Y CNC machines 'zero' and start from the left side. To have the rotary 'backwards' would take some getting used to ;)

TAMI WILSON
01-14-2017, 12:19 AM
See that is the problem with us women. Chris, We read the directions. Should have just thrown em in the trash. :rolleyes:

Bert Kemp
01-14-2017, 12:23 AM
Tami you crack me up yes all women read the stupid directions we guys just bull ahead in a way that seems logical to us:eek:

Kev Williams
01-14-2017, 2:07 AM
After 62 years I've found it's easier to read instructions. My favorite instructions: Ikea. :)

Keith Outten
01-14-2017, 4:03 AM
Tami,

If its any consolation to you I had the same problem when I installed my Trotec rotary the first time. I read the instructions, mostly because I fear making a very expensive mistake and I hate to miss a function that might not be obvious.

Mike Null
01-14-2017, 7:13 AM
Tami

As you have discovered, the drive end is on the right. I would play a bit with the elevation adjustments on the drive end and the left end of the of the work holders as well as the one at the far left end of rotary device in order to achieve the best focus on the workpiece.

TAMI WILSON
01-15-2017, 8:23 AM
Tami,

If its any consolation to you I had the same problem when I installed my Trotec rotary the first time. I read the instructions, mostly because I fear making a very expensive mistake and I hate to miss a function that might not be obvious.

Guess we ought to clue Trotec in so they send out the proper instructions to the next person who actually reads them.