PDA

View Full Version : Lazrclean

Paul Phillips
01-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys, I've been using the Lazrclean product that was made by IPI and sold through Johnson Plastics. It was recommended by the ULS salesman and it has worked great for cleaning soot off of signs and also for keeping the laser itself clean, unfortunately they discontinued the product, so, my question is what do others use to clean soot off signs and clean the machine with? I'm thinking something like Simple Green or even Windex should work?
Thanks
Paul

Brian Leavitt
01-11-2017, 11:37 AM
JDS Still carries LazrClean. That's where I get it.

Paul Phillips
01-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Hi Brian, I'll check and see if they have any, I was told that IPI stopped making it so JDS will only have what's on the shelf, after that you won't be able to get it anymore.

Brian Leavitt
01-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Interesting. It's on sale at JDS, but it doesn't say clearance or give any indication that it will no longer be available. Of course, that doesn't mean all that much. Fortunately, I don't use it much so the bottles I have should last a while. I typically use Windex to clean the machine itself. I mainly use the LazrClean to clean the crud off the edges of the engraving on certain types of wood plaques.

Matt McCoy
01-11-2017, 1:17 PM
Paul: Have you tried orange cleaner?

Paul Phillips
01-11-2017, 2:13 PM
Hi Matt,
no I haven't tried orange cleaner, which brand do you use? I would be concerned about using it to clean the inside of the laser and it leaving residue on things.

David Somers
01-11-2017, 4:25 PM
I feel funny saying this, but I use a product called LA's Totally Awesome all purpose concentrated cleaner. The best thing is it is "AS SEEN ON TV!!) Can a recommendation get more reliable than that? <grin>

Seriously. Someone gave me some to try for some reason I no longer remember and it worked well and was reasonably non toxic. Then for giggles I tried it on my steel honeycomb and it worked great. Surprisingly well. So now I pull the honeycomb, lean it against a saw horse and spray this into the honeycomb and let it sit 5 minutes or so. Then I pressure wash it off with a lower pressure washer (1700psi) . Cleans much better than pressure wash by itself. And did a better job on the honeycomb than orange cleaner or windex. I didnt want to get into using oven cleaners because of their corrosive effects and toxicity. This seemed like a good alternative. And it was quite cheap. Got a bottle from a local dollar type store.

I should add I dont let my honeycomb get truly grungy before I clean it. I like my laser to be clean so that may help with this process as well. Might be I would feel much dfferent about the product if I had a ton of stuff to get off the comb.

For what that is worth.

(as seen on tv!! Gawds....I cant believe I admitted to using something "as seen on TV!" What next? A pocket fisherman? Male enhancement products? Oh dear!!! <Grin>)

Mike Null
01-11-2017, 5:38 PM
Orange cleaner will attack plastic so take care to dilute it and then clean it off.

Magic Eraser does a great job on laminated plastics without any risk.

Matt McCoy
01-11-2017, 7:17 PM
Hi Matt,
no I haven't tried orange cleaner, which brand do you use? I would be concerned about using it to clean the inside of the laser and it leaving residue on things.

I use the ZEP product available at most places. It contains D-Limonene, which as I understand, is safe for most metals and plastic. I dilute it to be just strong enough to work without leaving a residue.

Mayo Pardo
01-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Krud Kutter
Available at Walmart or Home Depot or similar places.
Works great!
I bought the already diluted ready to spray bottle but it's also available in gal. sizes.

Nicolas Silva
01-18-2017, 12:37 PM
lemon pledge. works well too to clean the laser table.

Martin Boekers
01-18-2017, 4:39 PM
JDS has been fazing out IPI product so that may be part of it.

Craig Matheny
01-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Lemon pledge? What do you cut